Lakes Around Wausau Junction
Sometimes you should pack up and find a spot on the water. A lake getaway is perfect for people that enjoy the outdoors too, as they are a great way to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
It doesn’t matter if you’re seeking to paddleboard, partake in some water skiing, go for a swim, or work on your tan, the lakes near Wausau Junction offer you plentiful options for aquatic adventures. So what are you waiting for? Pack up the car with sunscreen and a picnic basket then make the trip on your next vacation to find a brand new number one spot on the water!
Nearby Lakes for Wausau Junction
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
A day trip, or a longer trip provides an almost endless amount of stuff for families, couples, or even those looking for some quality alone time.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you visit a lake near Wausau Junction:
Have a picnic. The lakes near Wausau Junction provide many great picnic areas for you to pack up some foods, or something as simple as crackers and cheese and a cold beverage as you enjoy the view. For a romantic evening, this plan is hard to beat.
Go fishing. For anglers, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re out on a boat or tossing a line in from the dock.
Start paddling. If you like to paddle around, pack up your board of choice and find yourself a lake near Wausau Junction that has a public launch and get out and enjoy nature’s beauty on the waterfront.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements depending on which lake you go to, what the weather is going to be, what your goals are for the getaway. However, we put together a list for some ideas for your watery excursion so everything goes smoothly!
For a day spent on the water you will likely need to bring some of the items below to make sure you’re safe, comfortable, and enjoying your time.
- USB charger
- Proper footwear
- Reserve clothes
- Bluetooth speaker
- Garbage bags
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- A sunhat or glasses
- A cooler with water
- UV protection
More lake items
Consider what you’ll be doing for the day and your guests, the list of gear might also prove useful and worth a quick spot check before you make the trip.
- Wine key
- Worms or other bait
- Paper towels and sanitizer
- Life jackets
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Goggles or masks
- Toys for the beach
- Fishing gear
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
Lake Safety Tips
While a day to a lake in Wausau Junction should be lots of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. When you decide to spend a day at the lake these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Make sure no one swims alone
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Wausau Junction
Some people may not get a chance to make their way to the amazing lakes around Wausau Junction and likely have some questions about how to make the most of their time there. Of course, each lake near Wausau Junction will have their own character and trappings, but here are a handful of items to look into while making plans that might help start your trip on the right foot.
- Maximize the best local resources. If there’s time for a longer trip, look for local state parks and recreation areas that offer the option to camp in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.
- No boat, no problem. It’s common that lakes will have nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a day of watersports. Asking a local will usually help you locate options for renting the perfect boat.
- Do homework on the beaches. Depending on the time of year, sometimes the beaches near Wausau Junction may be swarmed with tourists. If you want a little more privacy, do some digging on multiple nearby beaches and lakes to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most popular beach!