Lakes Near Franklin Hill
Every once in a while you just need to pack up and find a spot by the water. A lake getaway can be perfect for those who love getting outside too, because they offer opportunities to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
It doesn’t matter if you’re itching to float in a tube with a book, partake in some watersports, go swimming, or work on your tan, the lakes near Franklin Hill offer you lots of beautiful locations for aquatic adventures. Take a look at the table below to see your options from small lakes to larger lakes for you and the family to visit.
Lakes Close to Franklin Hill
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
On a day trip to a lake near Franklin Hill there are many activities that can be enjoyed by families and couples. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or take a longer vacation to a hotel or a bed and breakfast on the water to make for a bigger, better getaway.
Any stay on or in the water gives you everything from fun to relaxation.
Go fishing. For those that love to fish, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re roaming the lake in a killer fishing boat or tossing a line in from the dock.
Start paddling. If you want a little physical activity, strap your favorite kayak or paddleboard to the top of your vehicle and find yourself a lake that has a public launch and start paddling around to soak up the scenery on the waterfront.
Get in the water. Finding a swimming lake near Franklin Hill will offer all kinds of laughs and games for the big kids and little ones, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area before you make the trip! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a beautiful public beach on a lake near Franklin Hill!
Preparing for a Day on the Lake
Your plan for a lake getaway can honestly be all over the map depending on which lake you’re going to, the weather forecast, and your plan of attack. However, we’ve assembled a rundown of our favorite lake items for you to use as a checklist to make sure you cover your bases.
If the plan is to be in the sun for most of the day, the following list of items is an excellent starting point when it comes to the necessities that you’ll be happy to have on hand.
- Beach blanket
- Insect repellant
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
- Food and snacks
- Travel dinnerware and cups
- A cooler with water
- UV protection
- USB charger
- Portable stereo
Specialty lake gear
The gear in the list below might prove useful for trips to the lake depending on what your plans are. You may want to double check for some of these so you’re not missing something critical.
- Games for the beach
- Diapers and baby gear
- Fishing gear
- Worms or other bait
- Rafts for the kids
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Something to read
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Swimming goggles
Of course spending a weekend on the lake can provide lots of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. When you decide to spend a day at the lake these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Always wear sunblock
- Always swim with a buddy
Some More Tips
When you make a trip to the one of a kind lakes around Franklin Hill, there are a few things that will make your itinerary far more successful. Case in point, each lake near Franklin Hill is going to have their own qualities so it is important to take into account what you need to make an unforgettable adventure when planning yours.
- Find a marina. It’s common that lakes will have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Doing a quick Google search will usually allow you to find a marina that has what you need.
- Pay attention to the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally beaches can get exceptionally crowded. If you want more space to spread out, do some digging on a variety of lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, then look for the busiest, most happening beach!
- Make the most of the best local resources. If there’s time for a longer trip, look for local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds that offer the ability to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.