Lakes Close to Springville
The weather is warm so it’s time to start planning your upcoming summer adventure. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Springville. A lake vacation can be amazing for people that enjoy getting outside too, because they offer opportunities to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
There are countless great reasons for a getaway to a lake in Springville this summer – the cool water for swimming, enjoyable summer entertainment such as paddle boarding, kayaking, or swimming. Some of the lakes in Springville have beaches you can enjoy while building sandcastles with the family. Has there ever been a better time? Load up the car with your beach goodies and a cooler then set out on your next vacation to find a brand new favorite location on the water!
Lakes Close to Springville
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
When you visit a lake near Springville there are many activities that can be enjoyed by groups of all types. You could go for an exciting day trip or decide to stay overnight to a hotel or AirBnB to make the most of your time unwinding.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you visit a Springville lake:
Grab a board. For those in search of some exercise, load up your preferred vessel and find yourself a lake near Springville that has a boat launch and get out and soak up nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
Catch some fish. For anglers, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or fishing from shore.
Pack a picnic basket. The lakes near Springville gives you the chance to visit all sorts of great picnic areas for you to pack up some culinary delights, or a quick snack while enjoying the scenery. If you’re with that special someone, good food and a view should be suitably romantic.
A day at the lake can be drastically different depending on which lake you’re going to, the time of year, the weather, and what you want to do while you’re there. For your convenience we’ve put together a list of popular lake necessities for you to use as a checklist for your getaway.
Common lake items
When you’re out on a lake near Springville you will likely need to bring some of the items below to make sure you’re safe, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Plates, cups and utensils
- A receptacle for trash
- USB charger
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Flip flops or water shoes
- Bathing suits
- Portable stereo
- A cooler and drinks
Additional lake gear
The list of items below can make your life easier for getaways to the lake depending on what your plans are. It’s also worth checking before heading out.
- Rafts for the kids
- Games for the beach
- Wine key
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Tackle box and lures
- Fishing gear
- Swimming goggles
Staying Safe on a Lake
While spending a weekend on the lake can provide ample amounts of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. If you’re going to be out on the water here are some important safety tips.
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
Some More Tips
If you’re going to visit the fabulous lakes near Springville, there are a few things that will make your itinerary substantially more successful. Case in point, each lake has unique features so it is important to take into account what you need to make a memorable adventure as you plan yours.
- Do homework on the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally beaches may be swarmed with beachgoers. If you want a little more privacy, research multiple lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the biggest, most happening sandy party scene!
- Maximize unique assets in the area. If you have time for a lengthier trip, find local state parks and recreation areas which give you the option to camp right on the water at an affordable price.
- No boat, no problem. It’s common that lakes will have nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Doing a quick Google search will usually help you locate several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.