Lakes Close to Saint George
It’s summertime so it’s time to plan your next family vacation. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Saint George. As it turns out, when you visit Saint George there are lots of great spots when it comes to spending time on the lake.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to go kayaking, buzz around doing wakeboarding, swim, or just lounge at the beach, the lakes near Saint George offer you numerous opportunities for outdoor adventures. Scan the local listings below to have a look your nearby locations including swimming lakes to larger lakes for you and the family to visit.
Lakes Near Saint George
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|16,565||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Bench Lake||Hurricane||UT||84737||37.13||-113.34||37.134150-113.341616|
|16,517||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Sand Hollow Reservoir||UT||84737||37.11||-113.37||37.113829-113.373424||4.10||67 reviews|
|16,568||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Gypsum Wash Debris Basin Reservoir||Washington||UT||84780||37.08||-113.49||37.079982-113.489119||3.00||2 reviews|
|16,566||Swimming lake||Quail Creek Reservoir||Hurricane||UT||84737||5JP7+R3 Hurricane, Utah||https://stateparks.utah.gov||Add place's phone number||37.19||-113.39||37.187050-113.387280||5300 W||4.50||13 reviews|
|16,569||Fishing pond||Virgin River Park Pond||Washington||UT||84780||4F9X+7H Washington, Utah||Add place's phone number||37.12||-113.50||37.118175-113.501118||965 S 300 St E|
|16,511||Lake||Cedar City Corp Storage Reservoir||UT||84720||37.53||-113.09||37.534978-113.090782|
|16,520||Lake||Ash Creek Reservoir||UT||84757||37.42||-113.24||37.415857-113.238701||4.30||13 reviews|
|16,527||Lake||Jones Hollow Reservoir||UT||84781||37.32||-113.39||37.323037-113.392730|
|16,554||Lake||Pine Valley Reservoir||Pine Valley||UT||84781||9GHF+HX Pine Valley, Utah||https://fs.usda.gov||(435) 652-3100||37.38||-113.48||37.379000-113.475000||FH 035||4.80||116 reviews|
|16,518||Lake||Ivins Reservoir||UT||84738||37.18||-113.71||37.182141-113.714937||4.10||25 reviews|
|16,516||Lake||Baker Reservoir||UT||84722||37.38||-113.64||37.377567-113.639063||3.90||30 reviews|
|16,528||Lake||Gunlock Reservoir||UT||84783||37.26||-113.77||37.261324-113.773695||4.60||71 reviews|
|16,547||Lake||Red Hollow Reservoir||UT||84770||37.29||-113.94||37.290254-113.935806|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
On a day trip to a lake near Saint George you’ll find all kinds of activities that can be enjoyed by families and couples. You could go for an exciting day trip or decide to stay overnight at a hotel or AirBnB to make for a bigger, better getaway.
A day, weekend, or a week on or in the water offers you everything from fun to relaxation.
Get in the water. Finding a swimming lake near Saint George will provide tons of fun and excitement for the kids, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between working on their tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area before you make the trip! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool doesn’t offer as much to do as a beautiful public beach!
Catch some fish. For those that love to fish, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or fishing from shore.
Get a little crazy with the water sports. Should you be able to get access to a ski boat, you might want to have some fun and make a day of flying around the water demonstrating your athleticism and water sports talents? Enjoy a day of tubing or skiing as the all sports lakes provide you with a number of options.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
Your plan for a lake getaway can vary quite a bit depending on which lake you choose, the weather forecast, and your plan of attack. To make things easier we’ve built out a short list of some of the most common go-to items that you can use as a checklist for your getaway.
When you’re out on a lake near Saint George it makes a lot of sense to bring many of the items below to make sure you’re safe, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Bluetooth speaker
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- Flip flops or water shoes
- A fully stocked cooler
- Bathing suits
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
Additional lake items
The following items might prove useful for excursions to the lake considering your itinerary. You may want to double check for some of these before heading out.
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Fishing gear
- Your favorite magazine or book
- Inflatable pool toys
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Tackle box
- Legal flotation devices
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
Lake Safety Checklist
Of course spending a weekend at the lake can provide tons of fun, everyone’s safety needs to remain top of mind. If you’re going to be out on the water these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Don’t swim alone
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Saint George
Not everyone has had the opportunity to make their way to the amazing lakes around Saint George and likely have a few questions regarding planning. Clearly, each lake near Saint George is going to possess their own character and trappings, but it’s worth noting a handful of items to look into while assembling your itinerary which could help you end up with a winning itinerary.
- No boat, no problem. If you’re near the water you’ll often find local marinas where you can rent a boat. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a wild day of wakeboarding. Asking a local will typically help you find options for renting the perfect boat.
- Make the most of the best local resources. When you have time for a lengthier getaway, look for local state campgrounds and parks which give you the ability to camp directly on the water at an affordable price.
- Do homework on the beaches. Depending on the time of year, sometimes the beaches near Saint George can get very crowded. To find some more peace and quiet, research multiple nearby beaches and lakes to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, then look for the biggest, most happening sandy party scene!