Lakes Around Pleasant Grove
Every once in a while you should pack up and find a spot by the water. A stay at a lake is perfect for those that enjoy wildlife too, as they are a great way to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to float in a tube with a book, buzz around doing water skiing, swim, or nap in the sand, the lakes near Pleasant Grove provide you with plentiful beautiful locations for outdoor adventures. Has there ever been a better time? Load up the car with sunscreen and a cooler then make the trip on your next vacation to find a brand new favorite spot on a lake!
Lakes Close to Pleasant Grove
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A quick excursion to a lake, or a more lengthy trip provides a nearly endless list of activities for people of all stripes.
Here are some of our top picks for activities when you make your way to a lake near Pleasant Grove:
Grab a board. If you want a little physical activity, strap your favorite kayak or paddleboard to the top of your vehicle and find yourself a lake near Pleasant Grove that has a public boat launch you can use and start paddling around to soak up nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
Pack a picnic basket. Pleasant Grove’s lakes provide all sorts of excellent picnic areas where you can enjoy culinary delights, or you could just do some cheese and crackers by the water. If you’re with that special someone, this plan is hard to beat.
Go fishing. For anglers, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re drifting behind a trolling motor or tossing a line in from the dock.
A day at the lake can be very different depending on the lake you’re heading to, what the weather is going to be, and what you want to do for entertainment. For your benefit, we’ve created a list with some of our favorite ideas for your next summer trip so everything goes smoothly!
If you’re going to be on, in, or near the water for the vast majority of the day, the list below should be a good starting point for essentials you are likely to need.
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Insect repellant
- A receptacle for trash
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Flip flops or water shoes
- Travel dinnerware and cups
- USB charger
- Beach blanket
Additional lake items
Take into consideration what you’ll be doing at the lake and who will be joining you, the following items will likely be helpful and adding to your checklist prior to leaving.
- Inflatable pool toys
- Swimming goggles
- Legal flotation devices
- Tackle box and lures
- Fishing poles
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Toys for the beach
- Your favorite magazine or book
- Baby gear (if necessary)
Staying Safe on a Lake
Of course a day to your favorite body of water can be ample amounts of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. A day on the lake means safety first so here are some general safety tips to keep in mind.
- Don’t swim alone
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
More Pleasant Grove Lake Tips
When you make a trip to the one of a kind lakes near Pleasant Grove, there are a few things that might make your weekend gameplan substantially more rewarding. Case in point, each individual lake near Pleasant Grove is going to have unique environment so it’s important to think about what you need to make an unforgettable adventure as you plan yours.
- Rent a boat. If you’re near the water you’ll often find nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Using a search engine will typically allow you to locate options for renting the perfect boat.
- Pay attention to the beaches. Depending on the time of year, sometimes the beaches near Pleasant Grove may be packed with beachgoers. If you want more space to yourself, do some digging on a variety of lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most popular sandy party scene!
- Maximize unique assets in the area. If you have time for a longer getaway, look for local state campgrounds and parks which give you the ability to camp near or even on the water at an affordable price.