Lakes Close to Orem
When the weather is right you should spend some time near the water. A lake getaway is amazing for people who love wildlife too, as they are a great way to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
There are countless great reasons for making a trip to a lake in Orem while it’s hot outside – the cool water for swimming, relaxing summer activities like boating, fishing or swimming. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches you can enjoy while building sandcastles with the family. The time is now! Load up the car with sunscreen and a picnic basket then hit the road your next day off to find your own favorite spot on a lake!
Lakes Close to Orem
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
A quick excursion to a lake, or a longer trip provides a nearly boundless amount of stuff for people of all stripes.
Every getaway on or in the water gives you a full range of activities from thrilling to chilling.
Have a picnic. Orem’s lakes gives you the chance to visit all sorts of top-notch picnic areas where you can enjoy tasty treats, or something as simple as crackers and cheese and a cold beverage as you enjoy the view. If you’re with that special someone, this plan should be suitably romantic.
Fishing. For anglers, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or fishing from shore.
Partake in some water sports. If you’ve got access to a speed boat, you might want to have some fun and make a day of flying around the water demonstrating your athleticism and water sports talents? Enjoy a day of wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the local lakes give you a number of options.
Checklist for a Day at the Lake
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements based on which lake you go to, what time of year it is, or if there are any activities planned. However, we’ve created a list for some ideas for your next summer trip so there’s nothing to stress over!
If the plan is to be in the sun for the vast majority of the day, the following list of items is an excellent place to start when it comes to the necessities that you’ll be happy to have on hand.
- Proper footwear
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Beach blanket
- Plates, bowls, utensils, cups
- Trash bags (one for trash, one for wet items)
- Towels and dry clothes
- Bathing suits
- A cooler and drinks
- Something to eat
- Portable stereo
Additional lake gear
The gear in the list below can make your life easier for excursions to the lake based on your plans. You may want to double check for some of these prior to hitting the road.
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
- Worms or other bait
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Legal flotation devices
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Tackle box
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Your favorite magazine or book
Staying Safe on a Lake
While spending a weekend to a lake in Orem can be lots of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. If you’re going to be out on the water here are some important safety tips.
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Don’t swim alone
More Orem Lake Tips
Few people get a chance to visit the lakes near Orem and likely have a lot of questions on ways to maximize their fun. Of course, no matter where you go each lake is going to possess unique qualities and trappings, but you should keep in mind a handful of items to review while assembling your itinerary that might help put together a trip your whole family will remember.
- Pay attention to the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, sometimes beaches can get extremely crowded. If you want more space to yourself, research a variety of nearby beaches and lakes to see if you can find one that’s less crowded if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most happening sandy party scene!
- Find a marina. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or a day of watersports. Asking a local will usually help you find a marina that has what you need.
- Maximize the best local resources. If you have time for a longer trip, find local state parks and recreation areas that offer the option to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.