Lakes Around Wichita Falls
Sometimes you should gather your family and friends and make time to be on the water. A lake vacation can be wonderful for those who love wildlife too, because they offer opportunities to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
It doesn’t matter if you’re seeking to go kayaking, get active with wakeboarding, go for a swim, or just lounge at the beach, the lakes near Wichita Falls provide you with numerous opportunities for aquatic adventures. Scan the local listings directly beneath this paragraph to have a look your nearby locations including swimming lakes with beaches to larger lakes for you and the family to enjoy.
Nearby Lakes for Wichita Falls
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|16,188||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Denver Tank||Wichita Falls||TX||76301||33.90||-98.46||33.898431-98.455608|
|13,199||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Waurika Lake||OK||73529||34.28||-98.07||34.281189-98.073800||4.50||99 reviews|
|16,005||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Lake Wichita||Man-made lake with a 234-acre park on the north shore offering a paved trail & picnic facilities.||TX||76308||33.84||-98.55||33.836737-98.552875||4.40||26 reviews|
|16,191||Lake||Sikes Lake||Wichita Falls||TX||76308||33.87||-98.52||33.866859-98.523014||4.40||17 reviews|
|16,189||Seasonal lake||City of Wichita Falls - Lake Lot Administration||Wichita Falls||TX||76301||WG52+W2 Wichita Falls, Texas||https://wichitafallstx.gov||(940) 761-8811||33.91||-98.50||33.909476-98.499604|
|15,604||Lake||Kay-Bub Lake||TX||76310||33.86||-98.61||33.856174-98.606791||5.00||1 review|
|16,190||Lake||City of Wichita Falls Lake||Wichita Falls||TX||76306||33.94||-98.53||33.941230-98.528505||2.00||2 reviews|
|16,065||Lake||Gordon Lake||Iowa Park||TX||76367||33.96||-98.67||33.962266-98.667622||4.40||23 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A day trip, or a more lengthy getaway offers a nearly limitless amount of stuff for people of all stripes.
Every getaway at the lake offers you everything from fun to relaxation.
Pack a picnic basket. The lakes near Wichita Falls gives you the chance to visit many top-notch picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite tasty treats, or you could just do some cheese and crackers as you enjoy the view. If you’re with that special someone, good food and a view is hard to beat.
Swimming. Finding a swimming lake near Wichita Falls will offer all kinds of fun for the big kids and little ones, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t offer as much to do as a beautiful public beach on a lake near Wichita Falls!
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. If you want a little physical activity, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake near Wichita Falls with a public boat launch you can use and start paddling around to soak up nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
A day at the lake can be very different depending on the lake you’re heading to, when you go, and what your perfect itinerary looks like. For your benefit, we put together a list with some of our favorite ideas for your next trip to a lake near Wichita Falls to ensure nothing gets forgotten!
If you’re going to be on, in, or near the water for the vast majority of the weekend, our list of provisions below should be an excellent place to start when it comes to the necessities to have on hand.
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- Bug spray
- Garbage bags
- Reserve clothing
- Proper footwear
- Bluetooth speaker
- Towels and dry clothes
- USB charger
- Bathing suits
- A sunhat or glasses
More lake stuff
Depending on what you’ll be doing for the day and who will be in your entourage, the following items could make your day more enjoyable and adding to your checklist before hitting the road.
- Tackle box and lures
- Rafts for the kids
- Goggles or masks
- Fishing gear
- Games for the beach
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
Staying Safe on a Lake
Of course a day at your favorite body of water can provide ample amounts of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. A day on the lake means safety first so these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Don’t swim alone
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
More Wichita Falls Lake Tips
When you make a trip to the beautiful lakes around Wichita Falls, there are a few things that might make your itinerary substantially more successful. For example, every individual lake near Wichita Falls is going to have their own environment which makes it important to think about what will make for an enjoyable getaway as you plan yours.
- Pay attention to the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes the beaches near Wichita Falls may be packed with tourists. If you want a little more privacy, do some digging on a variety of nearby beaches and lakes to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, then look for the biggest, most happening beach!
- Maximize unique local resources. When there’s time for a longer stay, find local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds which give you the ability to camp directly on the water for a reasonable price.
- No boat, no problem. It’s common that lakes will have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a wild day of wakeboarding. Asking a local will usually help you find options for renting the perfect boat.