Lakes Around Pflugerville
When the weather is right you just need to gather your family and friends and make time to be near the water. A stay at a lake is perfect for those that enjoy the outdoors too, as they are a great way to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
There are numerous brilliant arguments for making a trip to a lake in Pflugerville this summer – the water is refreshing on hot days, fun summer entertainment like wakeboarding, fishing, or just relaxing on a raft. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Scan the local listings directly beneath this paragraph and have a look your nearby locations from swimming lakes to all sports lakes for you to enjoy.
Lakes Close to Pflugerville
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
On a day trip to a lake near Pflugerville there are many activities that can be enjoyed by people of all persuasions. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or make it a long weekend to a hotel on the beach to enjoy yourself more fully.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you arrive at a Pflugerville lake:
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. If you like to paddle around, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake near Pflugerville that has a public boat launch you can use and start paddling around to enjoy nature’s beauty on the waterfront.
Go for a swim. The swimming lakes near Pflugerville provide all kinds of fun for the big kids and little ones, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on before you make the trip! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a glorious public beach on a lake near Pflugerville!
Pack a picnic basket. The lakes near Pflugerville offer many excellent picnic areas for you to pack up some portable delicacies, or just a couple of sandwiches to enjoy by the water. If you’re with that special someone, a picnic on the beach should put a smile on their face.
Lake Getaway Prep
Your plan for a lake getaway can be drastically different depending on the specific lake you’ll be visiting, the time of year, the weather, and your plan of attack. For your convenience we’ve put together a list of some of the most common lake and beach-related items for you to use as a checklist before you hit the road.
For a day spent on the water you’ll probably want to bring along many of these things to make sure you’re feeling good, healthy, and having fun.
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
- A receptacle for trash
- A cooler with water bottles
- Beach blanket
- Bluetooth speaker
- Insect repellant
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Backup clothes
- UV protection
Additional lake stuff
The list of items below might prove useful for getaways to the lake based on your plans. It’s also worth checking so you’re not missing something critical.
- Fishing poles
- Masks and snorkels
- Life jackets
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
- Wine key
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
While a day at the lake should be tons of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. If you’re going to be out on the water these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
Some More Tips
Not everyone has had the opportunity to make their way to the amazing lakes around Pflugerville and might have some questions regarding planning. Obviously, no matter where you go each lake is going to have their own character and surroundings, but here are a few things to look into while planning which could help put together a trip your whole family will remember.
- Find a marina. Many lakes have local marinas where you can rent a boat. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Using a search engine will typically allow you to find a marina that has what you need.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes the beaches near Pflugerville may be packed with beachgoers. To find some more peace and quiet, research multiple lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded if you want a more relaxing vibe. If you want to be where the party’s at, search out the biggest, most popular beach!
- Maximize the best assets in the area. If there’s time for a longer stay, find local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds that offer the option to stay directly on the water for a reasonable price.