Lakes Near Mission
Sometimes you should pack up and find a spot near the water. Lucky for you, when you come to Mission there are quite a few great spots when it comes to getting on, or in the water.
There are many brilliant arguments for a getaway to a lake in Mission this summer – the cool water for swimming, enjoyable summer activities such as wakeboarding, fishing, or just relaxing on a raft. Some of the lakes in Mission have beaches that are perfect for a relaxing day. The time is now! Load up the car with your beach goodies and a picnic basket then set out this weekend to find your own number one location on the water!
Lakes Near Mission
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|16,032||Lake||Llano Grande Lake||TX||78570||26.12||-97.95||26.120430-97.954859||4.00||3 reviews|
|15,813||Lake||Campacuas Lake||TX||78570||26.19||-97.92||26.191646-97.920475||4.20||6 reviews|
|15,795||Lake||Donna Reservoir 2||TX||78516||26.15||-98.08||26.152020-98.083618||4.00||1 review|
|16,155||Lake||Lake Tropicana||Hidalgo||TX||78557||26.09||-98.25||26.091466-98.251957||5.00||1 review|
|16,156||Lake||Lake Texano||Hidalgo||TX||78557||26.10||-98.26||26.095617-98.255654||3.50||2 reviews|
|15,801||Lake||Delta Lake||TX||78538||26.42||-97.95||26.416849-97.945847||3.60||5 reviews|
|16,124||Lake||Lake Conception||McAllen||TX||78503||26.18||-98.27||26.180475-98.271727||3.00||1 review|
|15,792||Lake||Bentsen Lake||TX||78503||26.18||-98.27||26.180104-98.274976||5.00||2 reviews|
|16,267||Swimming lake||Martinez Lake||Edinburg||TX||78542||8VV4+46 Edinburg, Texas||https://lasienna.com||(956) 380-0006||26.34||-98.14||26.342844-98.144407||4292, I-69C||5.00||1 review|
|16,344||Lake||Sardinas Resaca||Mission||TX||78572||26.18||-98.31||26.184326-98.306620||4.00||1 review|
|15,802||Lake||Lake Edinburg||TX||78541||26.38||-98.17||26.381417-98.170050||4.30||9 reviews|
|15,804||Lake||Sal Del Rey||TX||78542||26.54||-98.05||26.536654-98.054702||4.70||103 reviews|
|16,057||Lake||Walker Lake||La Joya||TX||78560||26.23||-98.47||26.234900-98.472586||5.00||3 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
When you visit a lake near Mission there are many things to do for families, couples, or with a group of friends. You could go for an exciting day trip or decide to stay overnight at a hotel on the beach to enjoy yourself more fully.
Every getaway at the lake gives you everything from fun to relaxation.
Fishing. For those that love to fish, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or tossing a line in from the dock.
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. If you want a little physical activity, strap your favorite kayak or paddleboard to the top of your vehicle and chart your course to a lake with a boat launch and get out and soak up the scenery in all it’s glory.
Go for a swim. The swimming lakes near Mission offer all kinds of laughs and games for the big kids and little ones, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between working on their tan. If you want to spend time swimming and on the beach you’ll want to be sure your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a magnificent public beach!
Checklist for a Day at the Lake
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements based on the lake you’re heading to, when you go, and what you want to do for entertainment. For your benefit, we took the time to make a list with some of our favorite ideas for your watery excursion so there’s nothing to stress over!
When the plan is to be outdoors for the majority of the weekend, the following list of items should be an excellent place to start when it comes to the necessities that you’ll be happy to have on hand.
- Plates, bowls, utensils, cups
- Bug spray
- Towels and dry clothes
- Radio or speaker
- Cooler, ice, beverages (always remember water!)
- A picnic basket
- Bathing suits
- A sunhat or glasses
- A beach blanket and umbrella
Specialty lake stuff
The gear in the list below might prove useful for excursions to the lake considering your itinerary. You may want to double check for some of these before heading out.
- Fishing gear
- Legal flotation devices
- Worms or other bait
- Tackle box
- Diapers and baby gear
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Rafts and floaties
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Masks and snorkels
Lake Safety Tips
Of course spending a weekend on the lake should be tons of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. A day on the lake means safety first so these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Always wear sunblock
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Don’t swim alone
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
More Mission Lake Tips
Few people get a chance to visit the lakes near Mission and likely have some questions regarding planning. Clearly, any body of water is going to have their own character and trappings, but here are a handful of items to look into while assembling your itinerary that might help put together a trip your whole family will remember.
- No boat, no problem. Many lakes have local marinas where you can rent a boat. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a day of watersports. Using a search engine can usually help you find a marina that has what you need.
- Make the most of the best local resources. If you have time for a lengthier stay, find local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds which give you the ability to camp in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.
- Research your beaches. Depending on the time of year, sometimes the beaches near Mission might be packed with beachgoers. If you want some more peace and quiet, research multiple lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, search out the biggest, most happening beach!