Lakes Around Lufkin
It’s summertime and that means it’s time to plan your next summer adventure. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Lufkin. Lucky for you, when you make a trip to Lufkin you have some great spots when it comes to spending time on the lake.
There are countless great reasons for making a trip to a lake in Lufkin this summer – the water is refreshing on hot days, enjoyable summer activities such as boating, fishing or swimming. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. The time is now! Load up your vehicle with sunscreen and a cooler then set out on your next vacation to find your own favorite spot on the water!
Lakes Near Lufkin
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A day trip to the lake, or a more lengthy trip offers an almost endless list of things to do for families or couples.
Here are some of our top picks for activities when you make your way to a Lufkin lake:
Fishing. For those that love to fish, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re out on a boat or standing on a dock with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.
Have a picnic. The lakes near Lufkin gives you the chance to visit many top-notch picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite culinary delights, or a quick snack while enjoying the scenery. For a romantic evening, good food and a view is hard to beat.
Start paddling. If you want a little physical activity, pack up your board of choice and chart your course to a lake near Lufkin that has a public launch and get out and enjoy nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
Your plan for a lake getaway can be drastically different depending on which lake you’re going to, the season, and what you want to do while you’re there. To make things easier we’ve put together a list of our favorite lake and beach-related necessities for you to use as a checklist for your getaway.
When you’re out on a lake near Lufkin you’ll probably want to bring along several of the items below so that you’ll be safe, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Trash bags (one for trash, one for wet items)
- Flip flops or water shoes
- Insect repellant
- Cooler, ice, beverages (always remember water!)
- USB charger
- A blanket or sheet
- Bluetooth speaker
- Travel dinnerware and cups
Additional lake stuff
The list of items below can make your life easier for trips to the lake based on your plans. You may want to double check for some of these so you’re not missing something critical.
- Life jackets
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Rafts and floaties
- Fishing poles
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Swimming goggles
- Tackle box
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Fishing and boating licenses
Lake Safety Checklist
While your getaway on the lake should be lots of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. When you decide to spend a day at the lake here are some important safety tips.
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Don’t swim alone
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Keep your distance from wildlife
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
Some More Tips
If you’re going to visit the beautiful lakes near Lufkin, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that might make your weekend gameplan much more rewarding. Case in point, every lake has their own environment which makes it important to think about what you need to make an unforgettable adventure as you plan yours.
- Rent a boat. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a wild day of wakeboarding. Using a search engine will usually help you locate options for renting the perfect boat.
- Pay attention to the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally the beaches near Lufkin might be really busy. If you want some more peace and quiet, do some digging on multiple lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the biggest, most happening beach!
- Make the most of unique local resources. If you have time for a lengthier getaway, look for local state parks and recreation areas which give you the ability to stay directly on the water without breaking the bank.