Lakes Near Del Rio
It’s summertime so it’s time to start planning your upcoming big getaway. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Del Rio. Fortunately, when you make a trip to Del Rio you have lots of options when it comes to getting on, or in the water.
There are numerous brilliant arguments for a getaway to a lake in Del Rio while it’s hot outside – the cool water for swimming, enjoyable summer entertainment like boating, fishing or swimming. Some of the lakes in Del Rio have beaches you can enjoy while building sandcastles with the family. Browse through the data directly beneath this paragraph to see the nearby locations including swimming lakes with beaches to larger lakes for you and the family to enjoy.
Lakes Near Del Rio
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
On a day trip to a lake near Del Rio you’ll find all kinds of activities that can be enjoyed by groups of all types. You could go for an exciting day trip or make it a long weekend at a hotel or AirBnB to make the most of your time unwinding.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you arrive at a lake near Del Rio:
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. For those in search of some exercise, pack up your board of choice and chart your course to a lake near Del Rio that has a public boat launch you can use and start paddling around to enjoy nature’s beauty on the waterfront.
Catch some fish. For anglers, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or fishing from shore.
Water sports. Should you be able to get access to a fast boat, why not spend the day zipping around the lake showing off your water sports talents? Hit the water and go wakeboarding or knee boarding as the all sports lakes provide you with a number of choices.
Everyone’s beach getaway will be unique based on which lake you go to, what time of year it is, and what you want to do for entertainment. However, we took the time to make a list that will give some ideas for your watery excursion so everything goes smoothly!
If you’re going to be on, in, or near the water for most of the weekend, the following list of items is an excellent starting point when it comes to the necessities to have on hand.
- Insect repellant
- UV protection
- Bluetooth speaker
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- Portable phone charger
- Plates, bowls, utensils, cups
- A cooler with water
Specialty lake items
Take into consideration your planned activities at the lake and who will be in your entourage, the items below could make your day more enjoyable and worth a quick spot check before you make the trip.
- Legal flotation devices
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Wine key
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Your tackle box
- Worms or other bait
- Your favorite magazine or book
- Fishing poles
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
Lake Safety Tips
While the water can provide fun during a day on the lake, it’s important that you remember to keep safety top of mind. These safety measures can ensure that your whole group stays safe on the water.
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Always swim with a buddy
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
More Ideas for Lake Fun
When you make a trip to the fabulous lakes around Del Rio, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that can make your itinerary much more rewarding. Case in point, each lake near Del Rio is going to have their own qualities and surroundings so it’s important to take into account what will make for an unforgettable getaway when planning yours.
- Find a marina. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas where you can rent a boat. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy fishing with family and friends or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Doing a quick Google search can typically help you locate options for renting the perfect boat.
- Do homework on the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally the beaches near Del Rio might be very busy. If you want a little more privacy, research multiple lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most popular sandy party scene!
- Maximize the best assets in the area. If there’s time for a longer getaway, look for local state parks and recreation areas that offer the ability to stay right on the water at an affordable price.