Lakes Close to Corpus Christi
The weather is warm and that means it’s time to plan your next family vacation. If you’re looking for a fun destination, consider visiting a lake near Corpus Christi. A stay at a lake is amazing for people that enjoy getting outside too, because they offer opportunities to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
There are many brilliant arguments to visit a lake in Corpus Christi while it’s hot outside – the water is refreshing on hot days, relaxing summer entertainment like wakeboarding, fishing, or just relaxing on a raft. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches you can enjoy while building sandcastles with the family. Take a look at the local listings directly beneath this paragraph and have a look your options including small lakes with beaches to all sports lakes for you and the family to visit.
Lakes Near Corpus Christi
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
When you visit a lake near Corpus Christi you’ll find all kinds of activities that can be enjoyed by people of all persuasions. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or take a longer vacation at a hotel or a bed and breakfast on the water to enjoy yourself more fully.
Every getaway on or in the water gives you everything from fun to relaxation.
Start paddling. If you want a little physical activity, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake near Corpus Christi that has a public boat launch you can use and start paddling around to enjoy the scenery in all it’s glory.
Swimming. Finding a swimming lake near Corpus Christi will offer all kinds of laughs and games for the youngsters, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between working on their tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area before you make the trip! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a magnificent public beach!
Partake in some water sports. Should you be able to get access to a fast boat, why not get out on the water and start zipping around the lake demonstrating your athleticism and water sports talents? Hit the water and go wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the all sports lakes give you a number of choices.
Lake Getaway Prep
Everyone’s beach getaway will be unique based on which lake you go to, what time of year it is, and what you want to do for entertainment. While every trip is its own animal, we’ve created a list that will give some ideas for your watery excursion so everything goes smoothly!
For a day spent on the water it makes a lot of sense to bring several of these items so that you’ll be safe, comfortable, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- Proper footwear
- Insect repellant
- Portable phone charger
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
- A sunhat or glasses
- Portable stereo
- Something to dry off with
Specialty lake items
The following items can make your life easier for trips to the lake considering your itinerary. You may want to double check some of these so you’re not missing something critical.
- Worms or other bait
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Games for the beach
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Goggles or masks
- Something to read
- Rafts and floaties
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
Lake Safety Checklist
Of course your getaway on a lake in Corpus Christi should be lots of fun, everyone’s safety needs to remain top of mind. A day on the lake means safety first so these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Always swim with a buddy
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Keep your distance from wildlife
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Corpus Christi
Not everyone has had the opportunity to visit the lakes near Corpus Christi and might have a few questions on ways to maximize their fun. Clearly, every lake will possess their own character and trappings, but you should keep in mind a couple key points to look into while planning which could help you end up with a winning itinerary.
- No boat, no problem. If you’re near the water you’ll often find local marinas where you can rent a boat. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a day of watersports. Doing a quick Google search will typically allow you to locate a marina that has what you need.
- Do homework on the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally beaches may be really busy. To find some space to yourself, do some digging on a variety of lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, search out the biggest, most popular beach!
- Maximize unique assets in the area. If there’s time for a lengthier stay, look for local state campgrounds and parks that offer the option to camp right on the water for a reasonable price.