Lakes Around Colony
Sometimes you should gather your family and friends and make time to be near the water. A lake vacation is amazing for those that enjoy wildlife too, because they offer opportunities to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
There are numerous great motivations for a getaway to a lake in Colony this summer – the water is refreshing on hot days, fun summer entertainment like paddle boarding, kayaking, or swimming. Some of the lakes in Colony have beaches that are perfect for a relaxing day. Browse through the local listings directly beneath this paragraph to see the options including small lakes to all sports lakes for you to enjoy.
Nearby Lakes for Colony
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
When you visit a lake near Colony there are many things to do for groups of all types. You could go for an exciting day trip or decide to stay overnight to a hotel on the beach to make the most of your time unwinding.
A day, weekend, or a week on or in the water gives you everything from fun to relaxation.
Get a little crazy with the water sports. Should you be able to get access to a ski boat, why not spend the day kicking up a wake showing off your water sports expertise? Hit the water and go wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the all sports lakes provide you with all kinds of choices.
Catch some fish. For anglers, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or fishing from shore.
Picnic time. The lakes near Colony provide many excellent picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite culinary delights, or you could just do some cheese and crackers as you enjoy the view. For a romantic evening, this plan is hard to beat.
A lake day itinerary can vary quite a bit when you take into consideration the specific lake you’ll be visiting, when you decide to go, and what you want to do while you’re there. To make things easier we’ve built out a short list of popular lake necessities for you to use as a checklist for your getaway.
If the plan is to be in the sun for most of the vacation, the list below should be a good place to start for essentials that you’ll be happy to have on hand.
- Dry shirt
- Something to dry off with
- Flip flops or water shoes
- USB charger
- Plates, bowls, utensils, cups
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- A blanket or sheet
- Insect repellant
- A cooler and drinks
- Portable stereo
Additional lake stuff
The following items could be helpful for excursions to the lake considering your itinerary. You may want to double check for some of these so you’re not missing something critical.
- Legal flotation devices
- Goggles or masks
- Toys for the beach
- Inflatable pool toys
- Tackle box and lures
- Worms or other bait
- Fishing gear
- Paper towels and sanitizer
While it’s easy to get lost in a fun day at a lake near Colony, failing to follow some simple safety rules can make things turn tragic in a hurry. Following a few standard safety tips that should make sure that you and your family stays safe while around the lake.
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Colony
If you’re going to visit the beautiful lakes near Colony, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that might make your weekend gameplan substantially more rewarding. For example, every individual lake has their own qualities and surroundings which makes it important to think about what will make for a memorable adventure when planning yours.
- Do homework on the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally beaches may be swarmed with tourists. To find more space to spread out, research a variety of lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most popular beach!
- Maximize the best assets in the area. If there’s time for a lengthier trip, look for local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds that offer the option to camp right on the water at an affordable price.
- No boat, no problem. If you’re near the water you’ll often find nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy fishing with family and friends or a day of watersports. Using a search engine will typically help you find options for renting the perfect boat.