Lakes Near College Station
When the weather is right you just need to spend some time near the water. A lake getaway is amazing for people who love the outdoors too, as they are a great way to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
There are numerous brilliant motivations for making a trip to a lake in College Station during the warmer months – the water is refreshing on hot days, enjoyable summer activities such as wakeboarding, fishing, or just relaxing on a raft. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are perfect for a relaxing day. Take a look at the data below and have a look your options including swimming lakes with beaches to all sports lakes for you to enjoy.
Nearby Lakes for College Station
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
A day trip, or a more lengthy getaway provides a nearly limitless list of activities for families, couples, or even those seeking some quality alone time.
Every getaway at the lake gives you a full range of activities from thrilling to chilling.
Water sports. Should you be able to get access to a fast boat, why not get out on the water and start kicking up a wake demonstrating your athleticism and water sports expertise? Hit the water and go wakeboarding or knee boarding as the lakes near College Station give you all kinds of choices.
Swimming. The swimming lakes near College Station offer tons of fun for the youngsters, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between working on their tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool doesn’t offer as much to do as a beautiful public beach on a lake near College Station!
Grab a board. If you want a little physical activity, strap your favorite kayak or paddleboard to the top of your vehicle and find yourself a lake that has a boat launch and start paddling around to soak up nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
Lake Getaway Prep
Your plan for a lake getaway can honestly be all over the map when you take into consideration which lake you’re going to, when you decide to go, and what you want to do while you’re there. However, we’ve assembled a rundown of popular lake items that you can use as a checklist before you hit the road.
Common lake items
When you’re out on a lake near College Station you’ll probably want to take along many of the items below to make sure you’re safe, comfortable, and having fun.
- Something to dry off with
- Bathing suits
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
- A cooler and drinks
- Tennis shoes
- Insect repellant
- A blanket or sheet
- Plates, cups and utensils
More lake stuff
Take into consideration your planned activities when at the water and what your party looks like, the items below will likely be helpful and adding to your checklist before you get on the road.
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Wine key
- Worms or other bait
- Something to read
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Fishing gear
- Masks and snorkels
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Diapers and baby gear
Lake Safety Checklist
While your getaway to the lake should be ample amounts of fun, everyone’s safety needs to remain top of mind. When you decide to spend a day at the lake these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Always wear sunblock
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
More College Station Lake Tips
If you’re going to visit the beautiful lakes around College Station, there are a few things that might make your weekend gameplan substantially more successful. As an example, each lake is going to have their own environment which makes it important to think about what you need to make a memorable getaway when planning yours.
- Do homework on the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, sometimes the beaches near College Station might be swarmed with tourists. If you want a little more privacy, research a variety of lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, then look for the biggest, most happening sandy party scene!
- Find a marina. It’s common that lakes will have nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or tubing with the kids. Asking a local will usually help you locate several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.
- Make the most of unique local resources. If there’s time for a longer getaway, find local state parks and recreation areas which give you the ability to stay directly on the water at an affordable price.