Lakes Close to Cedar Park
When the weather is right you just need to gather your family and friends and make time to be by the water. A lake getaway can be wonderful for people who love getting outside too, because they offer opportunities to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
There are countless brilliant reasons to visit a lake in Cedar Park while it’s hot outside – the cool water for swimming, relaxing summer entertainment such as paddle boarding, kayaking, or swimming. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Scan the data below and see the nearby locations including swimming lakes to larger lakes for you to enjoy.
Lakes Close to Cedar Park
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
On a day trip to a lake near Cedar Park you’ll find all kinds of things to do for groups of all types. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or make it a long weekend to a hotel or a bed and breakfast on the water to make the most of your time unwinding.
A day, weekend, or a week on or in the water gives you everything from fun to relaxation.
Grab a board. If you like to paddle around, pack up your board of choice and chart your course to a lake that has a public boat launch you can use and get out and enjoy the scenery in all it’s glory.
Get in the water. The swimming lakes near Cedar Park offer all kinds of fun and excitement for the kids, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between getting that perfect golden tan. If you want to spend time swimming and on the beach you’ll want to be sure your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a beautiful public beach!
Pack a picnic basket. Cedar Park’s lakes provide many great picnic areas for you to pack up some tasty treats, or you could just do some cheese and crackers as you enjoy the view. If you’re with that special someone, good food and a view should put a smile on their face.
Lake Getaway Prep
Everyone’s beach getaway will be unique depending on the lake you’re heading to, what time of year it is, and what you want to do for entertainment. While every trip is its own animal, we took the time to make a list that will give some ideas for your watery excursion so you have everything you need!
Common lake items
For a day spent on the water you will likely need to bring many of the items below so that you’ll be feeling good, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Bathing suits
- A cooler with water
- Trash bags (one for trash, one for wet items)
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- Bluetooth speaker
- Towels and dry clothes
- Plates, bowls, utensils, cups
- UV protection
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
- Tennis shoes
Specialty lake stuff
The gear in the list below could be helpful for getaways to the lake based on your plans. You may want to double check some of these prior to hitting the road.
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Legal flotation devices
- Inflatable pool toys
- Diapers and baby gear
- Your tackle box
- Toys for the beach
Lake Safety Tips
While a day at a lake in Cedar Park should be tons of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. If you’re going to be out on the water here are some important safety tips.
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Always wear sunblock
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Don’t swim alone
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
Some More Tips
If you’re going to visit the beautiful lakes near Cedar Park, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that might make your itinerary far more rewarding. As an example, each lake has unique qualities which makes it important to take into account what you need to make a memorable getaway when planning yours.
- Pay attention to the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, sometimes the beaches near Cedar Park could be extremely busy. If you want some more space to spread out, research multiple lakes and beaches to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, then look for the busiest, most popular beach!
- Find a marina. If you’re near the water you’ll often find nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or tubing with the kids. Using a search engine will usually help you find options for renting the perfect boat.
- Maximize the best assets in the area. If you have time for a longer trip, find local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds which give you the option to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.