Lakes Near Mount Juliet
Sometimes you just need to pack up and find a spot by the water. A lake getaway is wonderful for people who love the outdoors too, as they are a great way to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
Whether you’re itching to go kayaking, get active with watersports, go swimming, or just lounge at the beach, the lakes near Mount Juliet offer you lots of opportunities for outdoor activities. So what are you waiting for? Pack up the car with your fishing gear and a picnic basket then set out this weekend and discover your own number one spot on a lake!
Nearby Lakes for Mount Juliet
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A day trip, or a longer trip offers an almost endless amount of stuff for families, couples, or even those seeking some quality alone time.
Now we’ll run down a list of some of the best things to do when you make your way to a Mount Juliet lake:
Water sports. Should you be able to get access to a fast boat, why not get out on the water and start kicking up a wake showing off your water sports talents? Take the family out for some wakeboarding or knee boarding as the local lakes provide you with several choices.
Grab a board. If you want a little physical activity, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake with a public boat launch you can use and get out and soak up nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
Go fishing. For those that love to fish, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re drifting behind a trolling motor or standing on a dock with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
A day at the lake can be very different based on which lake you go to, what time of year it is, or if there are any activities planned. For your benefit, we’ve created a list that will give some ideas for your lake getaway so there’s nothing to stress over!
If you’re going to be on, in, or near the water for the majority of the vacation, the list below should be a good place to start for essentials you are likely to need.
- Bathing suits
- Food and snacks
- Beach blanket
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants
- A receptacle for trash
- A cooler and drinks
- Insect repellant
- Tennis shoes
- Something to dry off with
Specialty lake gear
Consider what you’ll be doing for the day and what your party looks like, the list of gear could make your day more enjoyable and worth a quick spot check before you get on the road.
- Wine key
- Paper towels and sanitizer
- Tackle box
- Legal flotation devices
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Toys for the beach
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Worms or other bait
Lake Safety Tips
While spending a weekend to a lake in Mount Juliet should be tons of fun, everyone’s safety needs to remain top of mind. When you decide to spend a day at the lake these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Always swim with a buddy
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Always wear sunblock
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
Some More Tips
Few people get a chance to visit the amazing lakes around Mount Juliet and likely have a lot of questions regarding planning. Of course, each lake near Mount Juliet will possess their own character and trappings, but it’s worth noting a couple key points to look into while planning which could help you end up with a winning itinerary.
- Make the most of the best local resources. If there’s time for a longer stay, look for local state campgrounds and parks that offer the ability to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.
- Research your beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes the beaches near Mount Juliet can get exceptionally crowded. If you want a little more privacy, research a variety of nearby beaches and lakes to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most happening sandy party scene!
- Rent a boat. Many lakes have nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy fishing with family and friends or a day of watersports. Using a search engine will usually help you find options for renting the perfect boat.