Lakes Around Jackson
When the weather is right you should spend some time on the water. As it turns out, when you come to Jackson you have quite a few options for getting on, or in the water.
There are countless great arguments for a getaway to a lake in Jackson while it’s hot outside – the cool water for swimming, relaxing summer entertainment like boating, fishing or swimming. Some of the lakes in Jackson have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Take a look at the data directly beneath this paragraph and see the options including small lakes to all sports lakes for you and the family to visit.
Nearby Lakes for Jackson
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
When you visit a lake near Jackson you’ll find all kinds of things to do for families and couples. You could go for an exciting day trip or take a longer vacation to a hotel or a bed and breakfast on the water to enjoy yourself more fully.
Any stay at the lake gives you all the options from partying to restful bliss.
Get in the water. Finding a swimming lake near Jackson will provide tons of fun and excitement for the kids, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a glorious public beach on a lake near Jackson!
Pack a picnic basket. The lakes near Jackson provide a wealth of top-notch picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite culinary delights, or just a couple of sandwiches to enjoy by the water. For a romantic evening, good food and a view should be suitably romantic.
Go fishing. For those that love to fish, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re roaming the lake in a killer fishing boat or tossing a line in from the dock.
Lake Getaway Prep
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements depending on the lake you’re heading to, what time of year it is, what your goals are for the getaway. However, we’ve created a list for some ideas for your watery excursion so you have everything you need!
When you’re out on a lake near Jackson you will likely need to bring many of the items below so that you’ll be feeling good, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- Bottle opener
- Something to eat
- Bluetooth speaker
- Insect repellant
- A fully stocked cooler
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
- Bathing suits
More lake stuff
Take into consideration your planned activities for the day and who will be joining you, the items below will likely be helpful and adding to your checklist prior to departure.
- Rafts and floaties
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Your tackle box
- Toys for the beach
- Worms or other bait
- Paper towels and sanitizer
- Wine key
- Life jackets
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
Yes, being on the water can make for a memorable day, safety should be top of mind. Following a few standard safety tips that will make sure that your whole group are always safe on the water.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Don’t swim alone
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Jackson
If you’re going to visit the beautiful lakes around Jackson, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that can make your trip plan substantially more successful. Case in point, every individual lake has their own environment which makes it important to think about what will make for an unforgettable trip as you plan yours.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes the beaches near Jackson could be very busy. If you want some space to yourself, research a variety of nearby beaches and lakes to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, then look for the busiest, most happening sandy party scene!
- Rent a boat. Many lakes have local marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or tubing with the kids. Asking a local can usually help you find a marina that has what you need.
- Maximize the best assets in the area. If you have time for a longer stay, look for local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds which give you the ability to stay near or even on the water at an affordable price.