Lakes Close to Brentwood Estates
When the weather is right you should gather your family and friends and make time to be by the water. A lake vacation can be perfect for those that enjoy wildlife too, because they offer opportunities to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
There are many great arguments for a getaway to a lake in Brentwood Estates during the warmer months – the water is refreshing on hot days, relaxing summer entertainment such as boating, fishing or swimming. Some of the lakes in Brentwood Estates have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Take a look at the local listings directly beneath this paragraph to have a look the nearby locations including swimming lakes to all sports lakes for you and the family to enjoy.
Nearby Lakes for Brentwood Estates
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
A day trip, or a longer getaway gives you an almost boundless list of activities for people of all stripes.
Every getaway at the lake offers you everything from fun to relaxation.
Swimming. The swimming lakes near Brentwood Estates provide all kinds of fun and excitement for the big kids and little ones, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between working on their tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on prior to packing the car and the family! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a beautiful public beach on a lake near Brentwood Estates!
Water sports. If you’ve got access to a fast boat, why not get out on the water and start zipping around the lake showing off your water sports skills? Take the family out for some wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the all sports lakes provide you with all kinds of choices.
Grab a board. If you want a little physical activity, load up your preferred vessel and find yourself a lake that has a public launch and get out and enjoy the scenery on the waterfront.
Lake Getaway Prep
A day at the lake can be very different depending on which lake you go to, what the weather is going to be, or if there are any activities planned. While every trip is its own animal, we’ve created a list that will give some ideas for your next trip to a lake near Brentwood Estates so there’s nothing to stress over!
When you’re out on a lake near Brentwood Estates you will likely need to take along several of these things so that you’ll be feeling good, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Garbage bags
- A sunhat or glasses
- A cooler with water bottles
- Something to dry off with
- Bug spray
- Beach blanket
- UV protection
- Dry shirt
Specialty lake stuff
The gear in the list below could be helpful for trips to the lake based on your plans. You may want to double check for some of these so you’re not missing something critical.
- Rafts and floaties
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Masks and snorkels
- Your favorite magazine or book
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Wine key
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Diapers and baby gear
- Tackle box
Lake Safety Checklist
Of course your getaway at your favorite body of water should be tons of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. A day on the lake means safety first so here are some general safety tips to keep in mind.
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Always swim with a buddy
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Always wear sunblock
More Brentwood Estates Lake Tips
Some people may not get a chance to visit the lakes near Brentwood Estates and might have a few questions regarding planning. Clearly, any body of water will have unique qualities and trappings, but it’s worth noting a couple key points to look into when making plans that might help start your trip on the right foot.
- Maximize unique assets in the area. When there’s time for a longer trip, find local state parks and recreation areas that offer the ability to stay directly on the water for a reasonable price.
- Rent a boat. If you’re near the water you’ll often find local marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or tubing with the kids. Doing a quick Google search will typically help you locate several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.
- Research your beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, sometimes the beaches near Brentwood Estates might be really busy. To find some more space to spread out, do some digging on multiple lakes and beaches to learn about how busy they are if you want a more relaxing vibe. If you want to be where the party’s at, then look for the biggest, most popular sandy party scene!