Lakes Near Bartlesville
The weather is warm and that means it’s time to pack up and head out for your upcoming family vacation. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Bartlesville. A stay at a lake is wonderful for people who love the outdoors too, because they offer opportunities to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
Whether you’re seeking to go kayaking, get active with water skiing, swim, or work on your tan, the lakes near Bartlesville provide you with numerous opportunities for aquatic activities. Browse through the local listings below and see the options from small lakes with beaches to larger lakes for you to visit.
Nearby Lakes for Bartlesville
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
A day trip, or a more lengthy getaway provides an almost boundless amount of stuff for couples or families.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you arrive at a lake near Bartlesville:
Partake in some water sports. If you’re able to get access to a speed boat, you might want to have some fun and make a day of flying around the water showing off your water sports expertise? Hit the water and go wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the all sports lakes provide you with all kinds of choices.
Partake in some delicious delights outside. Bartlesville’s lakes offer a wealth of top-notch picnic areas where you can enjoy foods, or just a couple of sandwiches to enjoy while enjoying the scenery. For a romantic evening, good food and a view should put a smile on their face.
Fishing. For anglers, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re drifting behind a trolling motor or tossing a line in from the dock.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
Your plan for a lake getaway can vary quite a bit when you take into consideration which lake you choose, when you decide to go, and what you want to do while you’re there. For your convenience we’ve put together a list of popular lake and beach-related necessities that you can use as a checklist before you hit the road.
If the plan is to be in the sun for the vast majority of the weekend, our list of provisions below should be an excellent place to start when it comes to the necessities you are likely to need.
- Insect repellant
- Tennis shoes
- Beach blanket
- Plates, cups and utensils
- A picnic basket
- Reserve clothes
- Towels and dry clothes
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
More lake items
The list of items below might prove useful for excursions to the lake based on your plans. You may want to double check for some of these before heading out.
- Something to read
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Masks and snorkels
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Legal flotation devices
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Fishing gear
Lake Safety Tips
Yes, being on the water can make for a memorable day, safety should be top of mind. The following safety protocols can ensure that you and your family remains safe while around the lake.
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Always wear sunblock
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
More Ideas for Lake Fun
Not everyone has had the opportunity to visit the amazing lakes around Bartlesville and might have a lot of questions on ways to maximize their fun. Of course, each lake near Bartlesville will have unique qualities and trappings, but it’s worth noting a couple key points to look into when assembling your itinerary which could help put together a trip your whole family will remember.
- Research your beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally beaches can get exceptionally crowded. If you want some more peace and quiet, research a variety of lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, then look for the biggest, most happening sandy party scene!
- Maximize the best assets in the area. If you have time for a lengthier getaway, look for local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds that offer the ability to camp in a spot that is right on top of the water for a reasonable price.
- Rent a boat. Many lakes have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or tubing with the kids. Using a search engine will typically allow you to locate a marina that has what you need.