Lakes Close to Hobbs
It’s summertime so it’s time to plan your next family vacation. If you’re looking for a fun destination, consider visiting a lake near Hobbs. A lake vacation can be wonderful for those who love the outdoors too, because they offer opportunities to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
Whether you’re seeking to float in a tube with a book, get active with watersports, go for a swim, or work on your tan, the lakes near Hobbs offer you plentiful beautiful locations for aquatic activities. Has there ever been a better time? Load up your vehicle with sunscreen and a cooler then hit the road on your next vacation and discover your own favorite spot on the water!
Nearby Lakes for Hobbs
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A day trip to the lake, or a more lengthy trip offers a nearly limitless list of things to do for families or couples.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you arrive at a lake near Hobbs:
Partake in some delicious delights outside. The lakes near Hobbs offer many great picnic areas for you to pack up some tasty treats, or a quick snack by the water. For a romantic evening, a picnic on the beach should be suitably romantic.
Go for a swim. The swimming lakes near Hobbs offer tons of fun and excitement for the big kids and little ones, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on before you make the trip! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool doesn’t offer as much to do as a magnificent public beach!
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. For those in search of some exercise, strap your favorite kayak or paddleboard to the top of your vehicle and chart your course to a lake near Hobbs with a boat launch and start paddling around to enjoy nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
Everyone’s beach getaway will be unique depending on which lake you go to, what time of year it is, what your goals are for the getaway. While every trip is its own animal, we put together a list for some ideas for your next trip to a lake near Hobbs to ensure nothing gets forgotten!
When the plan is to be outdoors for most of the weekend, the following list of items should be a good starting point for essentials to have on hand.
- A cooler with water
- Towels and dry clothes
- Bathing suits
- Insect repellant
- A blanket or sheet
- A sunhat or glasses
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
- Proper footwear
Additional lake stuff
The list of items below might prove useful for trips to the lake depending on what your plans are. You may want to double check some of these prior to hitting the road.
- Fishing poles
- Games for the beach
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Tackle box
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Worms or other bait
- Goggles or masks
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
Staying Safe on a Lake
While your getaway on a lake in Hobbs should be tons of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. A day on the lake means safety first so here are some important safety tips.
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Keep your distance from wildlife
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
More Hobbs Lake Tips
Few people get a chance to visit the amazing lakes around Hobbs and likely have some questions on ways to maximize their fun. Obviously, each lake near Hobbs is going to have unique qualities and surroundings, but here are a few things to look into when making plans that might help start your trip on the right foot.
- Pay attention to the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally the beaches near Hobbs can get exceptionally crowded. To find a little more privacy, do some digging on multiple lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, then look for the busiest, most popular sandy party scene!
- Maximize unique local resources. If there’s time for a lengthier getaway, find local state parks and recreation areas which give you the option to stay near or even on the water for a reasonable price.
- Find a marina. It’s common that lakes will have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or a day of watersports. Using a search engine will typically help you find a marina that has what you need.