Lakes Near Sparks
It’s summertime and that means it’s time to plan your next big getaway. If you’re looking for a fun destination, consider visiting a lake near Sparks. A lake getaway is amazing for people who love wildlife too, because they offer opportunities to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
It doesn’t matter if you’re itching to paddleboard, get active with water skiing, swim, or nap in the sand, the lakes near Sparks offer you numerous beautiful locations for aquatic fun. Take a look at the table below to see your options from swimming lakes with beaches to larger lakes for you to visit.
Lakes Near Sparks
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
When you visit a lake near Sparks there are many things to do for people of all persuasions. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or take a longer vacation to a hotel or AirBnB to make the most of your time unwinding.
Any stay at the lake offers you everything from fun to relaxation.
Get a little crazy with the water sports. If you’ve got access to a speed boat, you might want to have some fun and make a day of flying around the water demonstrating your athleticism and water sports skills? Enjoy a day of wakeboarding or knee boarding as the all sports lakes give you a number of choices.
Start paddling. For those in search of some exercise, pack up your board of choice and chart your course to a lake with a public launch and start paddling around to soak up the scenery in all it’s glory.
Swimming. The swimming lakes near Sparks provide tons of fun and excitement for the big kids and little ones, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between working on their tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on before you make the trip! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t offer as much to do as a beautiful public beach on a lake near Sparks!
Lake Getaway Prep
A lake day itinerary can vary quite a bit when you take into consideration which lake you choose, the weather forecast, and the activities on your to-do list. However, we’ve built out a short list of our favorite lake and beach-related items for you to use as a checklist prior to locking up the house and heading out.
For a day spent on the water you’ll probably want to take many of the items below so that you’ll be safe, healthy, and having fun.
- A cooler and drinks
- Bug spray
- Plates, cups and utensils
- Towels and dry clothes
- Bathing suits
- Portable stereo
- A sunhat or glasses
- Food and snacks
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants
Specialty lake items
Take into consideration the itinerary for the day and what your party looks like, the items below might also prove useful and adding to your checklist before you get on the road.
- Tackle box
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
- Inflatable pool toys
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Games for the beach
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Goggles or masks
- Wine key
- Diapers and baby gear
While the water can provide fun during a day on the lake, failing to follow some simple safety rules can make things turn tragic in a hurry. These safety measures can ensure that you and your family are always safe at your favorite Sparks lake.
- Don’t swim alone
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
More Sparks Lake Tips
When you make a trip to the fabulous lakes near Sparks, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that can make your trip plan far more successful. As an example, each lake near Sparks has their own features so it’s important to think about what will make for a memorable adventure as you plan yours.
- Maximize the best local resources. When there’s time for a lengthier stay, find local state campgrounds and parks which give you the option to camp near or even on the water without breaking the bank.
- Pay attention to the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally the beaches near Sparks may be swarmed with tourists. To find a little more privacy, do some digging on multiple lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, then look for the busiest, most popular sandy party scene!
- Find a marina. Many lakes have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a day of watersports. Doing a quick Google search will usually allow you to find a marina that has what you need.