Lakes Around Holly Beach
When the weather is right you just need to pack up and find a spot near the water. A stay at a lake is wonderful for people that enjoy wildlife too, as they are a great way to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
There are countless great arguments to visit a lake in Holly Beach while it’s hot outside – the water is refreshing on hot days, fun summer entertainment like paddle boarding, kayaking, or swimming. Some of the lakes in Holly Beach have beaches you can enjoy while building sandcastles with the family. The time is now! Pack up the car with your beach goodies and snacks then hit the road on your next vacation to find a brand new number one location on the water!
Lakes Near Holly Beach
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A quick excursion to a lake, or a longer trip provides an almost boundless list of things to do for families, couples, or even those looking for some quiet time.
Here are some of our top picks for activities when you visit a lake near Holly Beach:
Fishing. For anglers, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or fishing from shore.
Start paddling. If paddling is your thing, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake near Holly Beach with a public launch and get out and enjoy the scenery in all it’s glory.
Partake in some delicious delights outside. The lakes near Holly Beach gives you the chance to visit all sorts of great picnic areas for you to pack up some culinary delights, or just a couple of sandwiches to enjoy as you enjoy the view. Should you be with someone you want to impress, good food and a view should be suitably romantic.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
A day at the lake can be drastically different when you take into consideration which lake you’re going to, when you decide to go, and the activities on your to-do list. For your convenience we’ve put together a list of popular lake and beach-related items that you can use as a checklist to make sure you cover your bases.
Common lake items
For a day spent on the water you will likely need to bring along many of the things in our list below to make sure you’re safe, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- A blanket or sheet
- Something to dry off with
- Food and snacks
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
- Plates, cups and utensils
- Trash bags (one for trash, one for wet items)
- Portable stereo
- UV protection
More lake stuff
Depending on the itinerary when at the water and who will be in your entourage, the list of gear could make your day more enjoyable and worth a quick spot check before you get on the road.
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Wine key
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Tackle box
- Paper towels and sanitizer
- Fishing poles
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Life jackets
- Your favorite magazine or book
Yes, being on the water can make for a memorable day, it’s important that you remember to keep safety top of mind. These safety tips will ensure that you and your family stays safe at your favorite Holly Beach lake.
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Holly Beach
If you’re going to visit the beautiful lakes near Holly Beach, there are a few things that can make your weekend gameplan substantially more successful. As an example, each individual lake near Holly Beach is going to have their own qualities which makes it important to take into account what you need to make a memorable adventure when planning yours.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes the beaches near Holly Beach might be packed with tourists. To find more space to yourself, do some digging on multiple lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, search out the biggest, most popular beach!
- Maximize the best local resources. If there’s time for a longer stay, find local state campgrounds and parks which give you the option to stay near or even on the water without breaking the bank.
- Find a marina. Many lakes have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Asking a local will typically allow you to locate several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.