Lakes Near Manhattan
Sometimes you should spend some time by the water. A stay at a lake can be amazing for people who love the outdoors too, because they offer opportunities to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
There are numerous great motivations for making a trip to a lake in Manhattan while it’s hot outside – the cool water for swimming, fun summer entertainment such as wakeboarding, fishing, or just relaxing on a raft. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches you can enjoy while building sandcastles with the family. The time is now! Load up your vehicle with your fishing gear and a cooler then set out this weekend to find your own number one location on a lake!
Lakes Near Manhattan
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|6,217||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Lake Wabaunsee Improvement||Eskridge||KS||66423||https://lakewabaunsee.com||(785) 449-7271||38.86||-96.11||38.858892-96.109160||5.00||1 review|
|6,122||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Lake Wabaunsee||Mill Creek||KS||66401||38.86||-96.19||38.864098-96.193806||4.30||36 reviews|
|6,153||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Council Grove Lake||Township 2||KS||66846||38.69||-96.52||38.693773-96.522309||4.60||54 reviews|
|6,112||Lake||Pottawatomie State Fishing Lake Number Two||Blue||KS||66502||39.23||-96.53||39.230054-96.526309||4.70||31 reviews|
|6,185||Lake||Geary County State Lake||Lyon||KS||66441||38.90||-96.86||38.901567-96.861234||4.60||9 reviews|
|6,101||Lake||Fairman Lake||Manhattan||KS||66503||39.18||-96.62||39.179719-96.623893||5.00||1 review|
|6,102||Lake||Jerry Dishman Lake||Manhattan||KS||66503||39.18||-96.63||39.184231-96.630243|
|6,218||Lake||Moon Lake||Fort Riley||KS||66442||39.07||-96.80||39.074028-96.803284||4.70||51 reviews|
|6,055||Lake||Tuttle Creek Lake||Artificial lake in a natural setting featuring hiking trails, a beach & camping sites.||KS||91579||39.34||-96.67||39.342143-96.669158||4.60||67 reviews|
|6,060||Lake||Milford Lake||Huge reservoir renowned for fishing, with campgrounds, boat ramps, beaches & an arboretum on shore.||KS||66441||39.10||-96.93||39.104367-96.931648||4.60||228 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
A quick excursion to a lake, or a longer trip offers an almost endless list of things to do for people of all stripes.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you visit a lake near Manhattan:
Catch some fish. For anglers, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or tossing a line in from the dock.
Start paddling. If paddling is your thing, pack up your board of choice and find yourself a lake that has a public boat launch you can use and get out and soak up the scenery in all it’s glory.
Partake in some delicious delights outside. Manhattan’s lakes offer many excellent picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite culinary delights, or something as simple as crackers and cheese and a cold beverage as you enjoy the view. If you’re with that special someone, good food and a view should put a smile on their face.
Checklist for a Day at the Lake
Your plan for a lake getaway can honestly be all over the map depending on which lake you’re going to, the season, and the activities on your to-do list. For your convenience we’ve built out a short list of some of the most common go-to necessities for you to use as a checklist to make sure you cover your bases.
Common lake items
When the plan is to be outdoors for the vast majority of the vacation, our list of provisions below should be an excellent place to start when it comes to the necessities you are likely to need.
- Bluetooth speaker
- Cooler, ice, beverages (always remember water!)
- Portable phone charger
- Garbage bags
- Bottle opener
- Dry shirt
- A sunhat or glasses
- Plates, cups and utensils
Specialty lake stuff
Consider the itinerary at the lake and your guests, the list of gear could make your day more enjoyable and adding to your checklist before you make the trip.
- Rafts and floaties
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Tackle box
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
- Something to read
- Goggles or masks
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
While a day at a lake in Manhattan can be ample amounts of fun, everyone’s safety needs to remain top of mind. When you decide to spend a day at the lake here are some general safety tips to keep in mind.
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Don’t swim alone
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Manhattan
Not everyone has had a chance to make their way to the lakes near Manhattan and might have a lot of questions regarding planning. Clearly, no matter where you go each lake is going to possess unique qualities and trappings, but here are a few things to review when assembling your itinerary which could help start your trip on the right foot.
- Maximize the best assets in the area. If there’s time for a longer getaway, look for local state campgrounds and parks that offer the option to camp near or even on the water without breaking the bank.
- Find a marina. Many lakes have nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or a day of watersports. Doing a quick Google search can usually help you locate a marina that has what you need.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally beaches can get very crowded. To find more space to spread out, do some digging on a variety of lakes in the area to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, then look for the biggest, most popular beach!