Lakes Close to Forest Ridge
The weather is warm so it’s time to plan your next summer adventure. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Forest Ridge. Lucky for you, when you visit Forest Ridge you have lots of options when it comes to getting on, or in the water.
There are countless brilliant reasons for a getaway to a lake in Forest Ridge while it’s hot outside – the water is refreshing on hot days, relaxing summer activities such as wakeboarding, fishing, or just relaxing on a raft. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Take a look at the data below and have a look the nearby locations including swimming lakes with beaches to larger lakes for you and the family to visit.
Lakes Near Forest Ridge
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A day trip to the lake, or a more lengthy getaway offers an almost endless list of activities for families, couples, or even those seeking some quality alone time.
Here are some of our top picks for activities when you arrive at a lake near Forest Ridge:
Swimming. The swimming lakes near Forest Ridge provide all kinds of fun for the kids, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between working on their tan. If you want to spend time swimming and on the beach you’ll want to be sure your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on prior to packing the car and the family! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a magnificent public beach!
Pack a picnic basket. Forest Ridge’s lakes provide many great picnic areas where you can enjoy tasty treats, or you could just do some cheese and crackers while enjoying the scenery. If you’re with that special someone, this plan should put a smile on their face.
Go fishing. For those that love to fish, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re drifting behind a trolling motor or standing on a dock with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements based on which lake you go to, what the weather is going to be, and what your perfect itinerary looks like. For your benefit, we took the time to make a list for some ideas for your next trip to a lake near Forest Ridge so there’s nothing to stress over!
Common lake items
When you’re out on a lake near Forest Ridge you’ll probably want to bring many of these things to make sure you’re safe, healthy, and enjoying your time.
- Portable phone charger
- Plates, cups and utensils
- Something to dry off with
- Bathing suits
- A fully stocked cooler
- Flip flops or water shoes
- Insect repellant
- Garbage bags
- Portable stereo
Specialty lake stuff
Consider your planned activities when at the water and your guests, the following items might also prove useful and worth a quick spot check prior to leaving.
- Diapers and baby gear
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Inflatable pool toys
- Your tackle box
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Fishing poles
- Life jackets
- Swimming goggles
Lake Safety Checklist
Of course your getaway to a lake in Forest Ridge can be ample amounts of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. A day on the lake means safety first so here are some general safety tips to keep in mind.
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
More Forest Ridge Lake Tips
Some people may not get the opportunity to visit the lakes near Forest Ridge and likely have a few questions regarding planning. Clearly, no matter where you go each lake will have their own character and trappings, but here are a handful of items to look into when making plans which could help you end up with a winning itinerary.
- No boat, no problem. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Doing a quick Google search will usually allow you to locate options for renting the perfect boat.
- Make the most of the best local resources. When you have time for a longer stay, find local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds which give you the option to camp right on the water at an affordable price.
- Do homework on the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally the beaches near Forest Ridge might be swarmed with beachgoers. If you want some more peace and quiet, research a variety of lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, then look for the busiest, most happening beach!