Lakes Close to New Rome
The weather is warm so it’s time to pack up and head out for your upcoming summer adventure. If you’re looking for a fun destination, consider visiting a lake near New Rome. A lake getaway can be wonderful for people who love the outdoors too, because they offer opportunities to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
Whether you’re seeking to go kayaking, buzz around doing wakeboarding, go swimming, or nap in the sand, the lakes near New Rome offer you numerous options for aquatic activities. So what are you waiting for? Pack up your vehicle with your fishing gear and a picnic basket then make the trip this weekend to find a brand new number one spot on a lake!
Lakes Close to New Rome
Help Us Out!:
Mash the Button:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
On a day trip to a lake near New Rome you’ll find all kinds of things to do for people of all persuasions. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or take a longer vacation to a hotel or a bed and breakfast on the water to enjoy yourself more fully.
Here are some of our top picks for activities when you make your way to a lake near New Rome:
Start paddling. If you like to paddle around, strap your favorite kayak or paddleboard to the top of your vehicle and chart your course to a lake with a public boat launch you can use and start paddling around to soak up the scenery on the waterfront.
Have a picnic. New Rome’s lakes gives you the chance to visit all sorts of great picnic areas for you to pack up some foods, or something as simple as crackers and cheese and a cold beverage while enjoying the scenery. If you’re with that special someone, a picnic on the beach is hard to beat.
Get a little crazy with the water sports. If you’re able to get access to a fast boat, why not get out on the water and start zipping around the lake demonstrating your athleticism and water sports skills? Enjoy a day of tubing or skiing as the all sports lakes provide you with several options.
A lake day itinerary can be drastically different depending on which lake you choose, the time of year, the weather, and what you want to do while you’re there. However, we’ve built out a short list of popular lake and beach-related necessities that you can use as a checklist for your getaway.
When you’re out on a lake near New Rome you will likely need to take some of these things so that you’ll be safe, healthy, and having fun.
- A receptacle for trash
- Something to eat
- UV protection
- A cooler with water bottles
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- Portable phone charger
- Plates, bowls, utensils, cups
- Portable stereo
- Insect repellant
Specialty lake items
The gear in the list below can make your life easier for getaways to the lake based on your plans. You may want to double check for some of these prior to hitting the road.
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Life jackets
- Diapers and baby gear
- Swimming goggles
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Rafts for the kids
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
- Your tackle box
- Worms or other bait
- Wine key
Lake Safety Checklist
Yes, being on the water can make for a memorable day, it’s important that you remember to keep safety top of mind. These safety tips can ensure that you and your family stays safe while around the lake.
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Always wear sunblock
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Keep your distance from wildlife
- Make sure no one swims alone
Some More Tips
Few people get a chance to make their way to the lakes near New Rome and likely have some questions about how to make the most of their time there. Certainly, no matter where you go each lake will have their own character and trappings, but here are a couple key points to review when making plans that might help start your trip on the right foot.
- Make the most of unique local resources. When you have time for a longer getaway, look for local state parks and recreation areas which give you the ability to camp right on the water at an affordable price.
- Research your beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes beaches can get extremely crowded. If you want a little more privacy, research a variety of nearby beaches and lakes to learn about how busy they are if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, search out the biggest, most happening beach!
- No boat, no problem. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or a day of watersports. Asking a local will typically help you locate a marina that has what you need.