Lakes Near Martinez
The weather is warm and that means it’s time to plan your next family vacation. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Martinez. A lake vacation is wonderful for people that enjoy getting outside too, because they offer opportunities to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
It doesn’t matter if you’re itching to go kayaking, get active with water skiing, go swimming, or work on your tan, the lakes near Martinez offer you lots of opportunities for outdoor adventures. Scan the data below to see the options including small lakes to all sports lakes for you to enjoy.
Lakes Near Martinez
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
A day trip to the lake, or a more lengthy trip provides an almost boundless list of things to do for people of all stripes.
A day, weekend, or a week at the lake offers you everything from fun to relaxation.
Catch some fish. For those that love to fish, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or standing on a dock with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.
Swimming. The swimming lakes near Martinez offer tons of laughs and games for the kids, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between working on their tan. If you want to spend time swimming and on the beach you’ll want to be sure your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a magnificent public beach on a lake near Martinez!
Water sports. Should you be able to get access to a ski boat, why not spend the day zipping around the lake demonstrating your athleticism and water sports expertise? Take the family out for some wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the all sports lakes provide you with all kinds of options.
A lake day itinerary can honestly be all over the map depending on which lake you choose, the weather forecast, and your plan of attack. For your convenience we’ve put together a list of our favorite go-to items for you to use as a checklist to make sure you cover your bases.
If you’re going to be on, in, or near the water for most of the vacation, our list of provisions below should be an excellent starting point when it comes to the necessities that you’ll be happy to have on hand.
- Portable stereo
- Insect repellant
- A cooler with water bottles
- Proper footwear
- A picnic basket
- Trash bags (one for trash, one for wet items)
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- A blanket or sheet
- Dry shirt
More lake gear
Depending on your planned activities when at the water and your guests, the following items might also prove useful and worth a quick spot check prior to leaving.
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Fishing gear
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Legal flotation devices
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Tackle box
- Wine key
Lake Safety Checklist
Of course spending a weekend to your favorite body of water can provide ample amounts of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. If you’re going to be out on the water these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Always swim with a buddy
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Martinez
When you make a trip to the beautiful lakes near Martinez, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that will make your weekend gameplan far more rewarding. Case in point, each individual lake near Martinez has unique qualities which makes it important to think about what will make for an unforgettable trip when planning yours.
- Do homework on the beaches. Depending on the time of year, occasionally the beaches near Martinez may be extremely busy. To find some more peace and quiet, do some digging on a variety of lakes in the area to see if you can find one that’s less crowded if you want a more relaxing vibe. If you want to be where the party’s at, then look for the busiest, most happening beach!
- Find a marina. Many lakes have nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or tubing with the kids. Asking a local will usually help you locate a marina that has what you need.
- Make the most of the best local resources. If there’s time for a lengthier trip, look for local state campgrounds and parks which give you the ability to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water for a reasonable price.