Lakes Close to Hinesville
Sometimes you should pack up and find a spot by the water. A lake getaway is amazing for those who love wildlife too, as they are a great way to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
It doesn’t matter if you’re seeking to float in a tube with a book, get active with watersports, go swimming, or nap in the sand, the lakes near Hinesville offer you numerous opportunities for outdoor fun. The time is now! Pack up your vehicle with your fishing gear and snacks then set out this weekend and discover your own number one location on a lake!
Lakes Close to Hinesville
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
On a day trip to a lake near Hinesville there are many activities that can be enjoyed by families, couples, or with a group of friends. You could go for an exciting day trip or make it a long weekend at a hotel on the beach to enjoy yourself more fully.
Every getaway at the lake gives you all the options from partying to restful bliss.
Get in the water. Finding a swimming lake near Hinesville will offer tons of fun for the youngsters, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between working on their tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on prior to packing the car and the family! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a glorious public beach!
Have a picnic. Hinesville’s lakes offer many great picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite tasty treats, or you could just do some cheese and crackers by the water. If you’re with that special someone, this plan should put a smile on their face.
Get a little crazy with the water sports. Should you be able to get access to a ski boat, why not spend the day flying around the water demonstrating your athleticism and water sports talents? Take the family out for some wakeboarding or knee boarding as the lakes near Hinesville provide you with a number of options.
Preparing for a Day on the Lake
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements depending on which lake you go to, what the weather is going to be, or if there are any activities planned. However, we put together a list for some ideas for your lake getaway so everything goes smoothly!
Common lake items
When you’re out on a lake near Hinesville it makes a lot of sense to bring along several of the things in our list below so that you’ll be feeling good, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- A cooler with water bottles
- Backup clothing
- Portable stereo
- Plates, cups and utensils
- Proper footwear
- Bug spray
- Towels and dry clothes
More lake items
Take into consideration the itinerary for the day and who will be in your entourage, the list of gear will likely be helpful and worth a quick spot check before you get on the road.
- Fishing gear
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Tackle box
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Wine key
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Something to read
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
Of course spending a weekend to the lake can provide tons of fun, everyone’s safety needs to remain top of mind. A day on the lake means safety first so here are some general safety tips to keep in mind.
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Always swim with a buddy
Some More Tips
Not everyone has had a chance to make their way to the lakes near Hinesville and likely have a few questions about how to make the most of their time there. Obviously, any body of water is going to possess unique qualities and surroundings, but you should keep in mind a couple key points to review while making plans that might help you end up with a winning itinerary.
- No boat, no problem. It’s common that lakes will have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a day of watersports. Doing a quick Google search will usually allow you to find several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally the beaches near Hinesville might be packed with tourists. To find a little more privacy, do some digging on a variety of lakes and beaches to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, then look for the busiest, most happening sandy party scene!
- Make the most of the best local resources. When there’s time for a longer getaway, look for local state campgrounds and parks which give you the ability to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water for a reasonable price.