Lakes Near Boynton Beach
Every once in a while you should spend some time near the water. As it turns out, when you come to Boynton Beach you have some options when it comes to getting on, or in the water.
It doesn’t matter if you’re seeking to paddleboard, get active with watersports, swim, or just lounge at the beach, the lakes near Boynton Beach offer you numerous options for aquatic fun. Scan the table directly beneath this paragraph and have a look the nearby locations from small lakes to all sports lakes for you and the family to visit.
Lakes Close to Boynton Beach
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A quick excursion to a lake, or a longer getaway provides an almost limitless amount of stuff for couples or families.
Now we’ll run down a list of some of the best things to do when you arrive at a lake near Boynton Beach:
Get a little crazy with the water sports. If you’ve got access to a speed boat, why not spend the day flying around the water demonstrating your athleticism and water sports expertise? Enjoy a day of wakeboarding or knee boarding as the all sports lakes offer you a number of choices.
Get in the water. Finding a swimming lake near Boynton Beach will provide all kinds of fun for the big kids and little ones, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between working on their tan. If you want to spend time swimming and on the beach you’ll want to be sure your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t offer as much to do as a glorious public beach on a lake near Boynton Beach!
Catch some fish. For anglers, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re out on a boat or standing on a dock with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
A lake day itinerary can be drastically different when you take into consideration the specific lake you’ll be visiting, the weather forecast, and your plan of attack. However, we’ve put together a list of some of the most common lake items that you can use as a checklist prior to locking up the house and heading out.
Common lake items
When you’re out on a lake near Boynton Beach it makes a lot of sense to bring many of these things to make sure you’re safe, healthy, and having fun.
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Radio or speaker
- Travel dinnerware and cups
- Proper footwear
- Insect repellant
- Food and snacks
- Dry shirt
Additional lake stuff
The list of items below might prove useful for getaways to the lake based on your plans. You may want to double check for some of these before heading out.
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Swimming goggles
- Worms or other bait
- Life jackets
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Tackle box
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Fishing poles
Staying Safe on a Lake
Of course spending a weekend on your favorite body of water can be tons of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. When you decide to spend a day at the lake here are some important safety tips.
- Keep your distance from wildlife
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Make sure no one swims alone
More Boynton Beach Lake Tips
If you’re going to visit the fabulous lakes around Boynton Beach, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that might make your weekend gameplan far more rewarding. For example, each lake near Boynton Beach has their own environment so it is important to take into account what you need to make an unforgettable trip when planning yours.
- Research your beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally the beaches near Boynton Beach may be swarmed with beachgoers. If you want more space to yourself, do some digging on multiple nearby beaches and lakes to see if you can find one that’s less crowded if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, then look for the busiest, most popular sandy party scene!
- Rent a boat. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas where you can rent a boat. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or tubing with the kids. Using a search engine will usually allow you to locate options for renting the perfect boat.
- Make the most of unique assets in the area. If you have time for a lengthier getaway, look for local state parks and recreation areas that offer the ability to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.