Lakes Around Benton
It’s summertime so it’s time to plan your next family vacation. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Benton. A lake vacation can be wonderful for people who love the outdoors too, because they offer opportunities to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
Whether you’re looking to float in a tube with a book, partake in some water skiing, swim, or nap in the sand, the lakes near Benton provide you with plentiful options for outdoor fun. Browse through the local listings below and see the nearby locations including swimming lakes to all sports lakes for you and the family to visit.
Nearby Lakes for Benton
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
When you visit a lake near Benton you’ll find all kinds of things to do for groups of all types. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or make it a long weekend to a hotel or a bed and breakfast on the water to enjoy yourself more fully.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you arrive at a lake near Benton:
Pack a picnic basket. The lakes near Benton offer a wealth of excellent picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite foods, or something as simple as crackers and cheese and a cold beverage by the water. Should you be with someone you want to impress, this plan is hard to beat.
Swimming. Finding a swimming lake near Benton will provide tons of fun for the kids, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between working on their tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on before you make the trip! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a magnificent public beach!
Get a little crazy with the water sports. If you’re able to get access to a ski boat, you might want to have some fun and make a day of flying around the water showing off your water sports expertise? Take the family out for some tubing or skiing as the local lakes give you all kinds of choices.
Checklist for a Day at the Lake
A lake day itinerary can honestly be all over the map depending on the specific lake you’ll be visiting, the season, and what you want to do while you’re there. However, we’ve built out a short list of our favorite lake items that you can use as a checklist before you hit the road.
When the plan is to be outdoors for most of the vacation, the list below should be an excellent starting point for essentials you are likely to need.
- Bathing suits
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- Bluetooth speaker
- Tennis shoes
- USB charger
- Bug spray
- Garbage bags
- A blanket or sheet
- A sunhat or glasses
Specialty lake stuff
Take into consideration your planned activities for the day and what your party looks like, the list of gear will likely be helpful and worth packing before you get on the road.
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Fishing poles
- Rafts for the kids
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Your tackle box
- Legal flotation devices
- Diapers and baby gear
- Swimming goggles
- Wine key
Yes, being on the water can make for a memorable day, everyone’s safety is the most important part of your getaway. Following a few standard safety tips that should make sure that everyone are always safe on the water.
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
More Benton Lake Tips
Some people may not get a chance to make their way to the amazing lakes around Benton and likely have a lot of questions regarding planning. Certainly, any body of water is going to have their own character and surroundings, but you should keep in mind a handful of items to look into when planning which could help put together a trip your whole family will remember.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes the beaches near Benton may be packed with beachgoers. If you want a little more privacy, research multiple nearby beaches and lakes to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the biggest, most popular beach!
- Rent a boat. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas that offer boat rentals. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Doing a quick Google search will typically allow you to locate several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.
- Maximize the best local resources. When you have time for a lengthier trip, find local state campgrounds and parks which give you the ability to stay near or even on the water without breaking the bank.