Lakes Close to Pratt City
It’s summertime so it’s time to pack up and head out for your upcoming summer adventure. If you’re looking for a fun destination, consider visiting a lake near Pratt City. A stay at a lake can be amazing for people who love getting outside too, because they offer opportunities to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
There are numerous great reasons for a getaway to a lake in Pratt City during the warmer months – the cool water for swimming, enjoyable summer activities like boating, fishing or swimming. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Don’t you deserve an enjoyable getaway? Pack up the car with your beach goodies and snacks then make the trip your next day off to find a brand new favorite location on a lake!
Lakes Close to Pratt City
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
On a day trip to a lake near Pratt City there are many things to do for people of all persuasions. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or decide to stay overnight at a hotel or AirBnB to make the most of your time unwinding.
Every getaway on or in the water offers you everything from fun to relaxation.
Get in the water. The swimming lakes near Pratt City provide all kinds of fun and excitement for the kids, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a glorious public beach!
Grab a board. If paddling is your thing, strap your favorite kayak or paddleboard to the top of your vehicle and find yourself a lake near Pratt City that has a public boat launch you can use and start paddling around to enjoy the scenery on the waterfront.
Fishing. For anglers, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re drifting behind a trolling motor or tossing a line in from the dock.
How to Prepare for a Day at the Lake
Your plan for a lake getaway can vary quite a bit depending on which lake you choose, the time of year, the weather, and your plan of attack. However, we’ve put together a list of some of the most common lake and beach-related items that you can use as a checklist to make sure you cover your bases.
If the plan is to be in the sun for the vast majority of the weekend, our list of provisions below should be a good place to start for essentials you are likely to need.
- A receptacle for trash
- Cooler, ice, beverages (always remember water!)
- Travel dinnerware and cups
- Beach blanket
- Bathing suits
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Radio or speaker
Specialty lake items
Consider what you’ll be doing when at the water and what your party looks like, the items below will likely be helpful and worth packing before hitting the road.
- Life jackets
- Wine key
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Rafts and floaties
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Tackle box
- Fishing poles
- Goggles or masks
While the water can provide fun during a day on the lake, safety should be top of mind. These safety tips can make sure that your whole group stays safe on the water.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Don’t swim alone
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Pratt City
If you’re going to visit the beautiful lakes near Pratt City, there are a few things that will make your weekend gameplan substantially more successful. For example, each individual lake near Pratt City is going to have unique qualities which makes it important to think about what will make for a memorable adventure as you plan yours.
- Make the most of the best assets in the area. When you have time for a longer getaway, look for local state campgrounds and parks which give you the ability to stay right on the water without breaking the bank.
- No boat, no problem. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas where you can rent a boat. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or tubing with the kids. Using a search engine can typically allow you to find several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.
- Pay attention to the beaches. Depending on the time of year, occasionally beaches could be really busy. If you want more space to yourself, do some digging on multiple nearby beaches and lakes to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the biggest, most happening sandy party scene!