Lakes Around East Florence
It’s summertime and that means it’s time to pack up and head out for your upcoming family vacation. If you’re looking for a fun destination, consider visiting a lake near East Florence. A stay at a lake can be amazing for those that enjoy getting outside too, as they are a great way to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
Whether you’re looking to float in a tube with a book, get active with water skiing, go for a swim, or nap in the sand, the lakes near East Florence offer you plentiful beautiful locations for aquatic activities. The time is now! Load up the car with sunscreen and a cooler then set out this weekend and discover a brand new favorite location on the water!
Nearby Lakes for East Florence
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A day trip to the lake, or a more lengthy trip offers an almost endless amount of stuff for couples or families.
Every getaway at the lake gives you a full range of activities from thrilling to chilling.
Get a little crazy with the water sports. If you’ve got access to a fast boat, why not spend the day kicking up a wake showing off your water sports talents? Hit the water and go wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the lakes near East Florence offer you several options.
Go for a swim. The swimming lakes near East Florence offer tons of fun for the kids, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between working on their tan. If you want to spend time swimming and on the beach you’ll want to be sure your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on before you make the trip! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t offer as much to do as a magnificent public beach on a lake near East Florence!
Picnic time. East Florence’s lakes gives you the chance to visit all sorts of top-notch picnic areas for you to pack up some tasty treats, or something as simple as crackers and cheese and a cold beverage as you enjoy the view. Should you be with someone you want to impress, good food and a view should put a smile on their face.
Your plan for a lake getaway can honestly be all over the map when you take into consideration which lake you choose, the weather forecast, and your plan of attack. To make things easier we’ve built out a short list of our favorite lake and beach-related items for you to use as a checklist before you hit the road.
Common lake items
For a day spent on the water you’ll probably want to take along some of the things in our list below so that you’ll be safe, healthy, and relaxed.
- Radio or speaker
- A sunhat or glasses
- Bug spray
- Plates, cups and utensils
- A blanket or sheet
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
- A fully stocked cooler
Specialty lake items
The following items can make your life easier for getaways to the lake depending on what you’ll be doing. You may want to double check for some of these before heading out.
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Inflatable pool toys
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Your tackle box
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Worms or other bait
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Games for the beach
- Your favorite magazine or book
While a day on the lake should be tons of fun, everyone’s safety needs to remain top of mind. A day on the lake means safety first so these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
More Ideas for Lake Fun
When you make a trip to the beautiful lakes near East Florence, there are a few things that might make your weekend gameplan far more rewarding. As an example, every lake near East Florence has their own qualities and surroundings which makes it important to take into account what will make for a memorable trip when planning yours.
- Make the most of the best assets in the area. When you have time for a longer trip, look for local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds that offer the option to stay near or even on the water at an affordable price.
- Rent a boat. Many lakes have nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Doing a quick Google search will usually allow you to locate a marina that has what you need.
- Do homework on the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally the beaches near East Florence can get exceptionally crowded. If you want a little more privacy, research multiple nearby beaches and lakes to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, then look for the biggest, most popular sandy party scene!