Lakes Close to East Hill
It’s summertime and that means it’s time to plan your next family vacation. There aren’t many better options than a lake near East Hill. Fortunately, when you come to East Hill there are quite a few options when it comes to getting on, or in the water.
Whether you’re itching to paddleboard, buzz around doing watersports, go for a swim, or nap in the sand, the lakes near East Hill provide you with numerous beautiful locations for aquatic activities. Scan the data directly beneath this paragraph to have a look your nearby locations including small lakes with beaches to all sports lakes for you to visit.
Lakes Close to East Hill
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A day trip, or a longer trip provides an almost limitless list of activities for couples or families.
Any stay on or in the water offers you everything from fun to relaxation.
Picnic time. East Hill’s lakes offer all sorts of great picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite tasty treats, or something as simple as crackers and cheese and a cold beverage while enjoying the scenery. If you’re with that special someone, a picnic on the beach should be suitably romantic.
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. If you want a little physical activity, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake near East Hill with a boat launch and start paddling around to soak up the scenery in all it’s glory.
Catch some fish. For anglers, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or standing on a dock with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.
Preparing for a Day on the Lake
Your plan for a lake getaway can vary quite a bit depending on which lake you’re going to, the weather forecast, and your plan of attack. To make things easier we’ve assembled a rundown of our favorite lake necessities that you can use as a checklist for your getaway.
Common lake items
For a day spent on the water it makes a lot of sense to take along several of these things so that you’ll be safe, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- A cooler with water
- Trash bags (one for trash, one for wet items)
- Flip flops or water shoes
- Bluetooth speaker
- A sunhat or glasses
- Travel dinnerware and cups
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
Specialty lake gear
The gear in the list below could be helpful for trips to the lake considering your itinerary. It’s also worth checking before heading out.
- Life jackets
- Your tackle box
- Rafts for the kids
- Diapers and baby gear
- Masks and snorkels
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Wine key
Lake Safety Checklist
While spending a weekend on your favorite body of water can provide ample amounts of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. A day on the lake means safety first so here are some general safety tips to keep in mind.
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Always swim with a buddy
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in East Hill
If you’re going to visit the one of a kind lakes around East Hill, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that will make your trip plan substantially more successful. Case in point, every individual lake near East Hill has their own qualities and surroundings which makes it important to consider what will make for a memorable trip as you plan yours.
- Make the most of unique assets in the area. If there’s time for a longer stay, look for local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds which give you the ability to stay right on the water for a reasonable price.
- Find a marina. If you’re near the water you’ll often find nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or a day of watersports. Using a search engine will usually allow you to find options for renting the perfect boat.
- Pay attention to the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, sometimes the beaches near East Hill can get very crowded. To find some more peace and quiet, research multiple nearby beaches and lakes to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most happening beach!