Lakes Around Tyler
Sometimes you should spend some time near the water. Fortunately, when you come to Tyler you have some great spots for spending time on the lake.
Whether you’re itching to float in a tube with a book, buzz around doing watersports, go for a swim, or nap in the sand, the lakes near Tyler provide you with lots of beautiful locations for aquatic adventures. Don’t you deserve an enjoyable getaway? Pack up your vehicle with sunscreen and a cooler then hit the road this weekend to find your own number one spot on the water!
Lakes Near Tyler
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|16,195||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Fisher Lake||Longview||TX||75604||32.50||-94.82||32.495471-94.823389|
|16,196||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Cook Lake||Longview||TX||75604||32.51||-94.83||32.507526-94.826466|
|16,160||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Lake Harris||White Oak||TX||75693||32.51||-94.83||32.505916-94.831650||5.00||1 review|
|15,963||Lake||Lake Tyler East||TX||75707||32.24||-95.12||32.244149-95.119756||4.60||19 reviews|
|15,539||Lake||Arp Club Lake||TX||75707||32.25||-95.15||32.253987-95.147442||5.00||1 review|
|15,998||Lake||Lake Tyler||TX||75707||32.24||-95.17||32.236586-95.166668||4.70||49 reviews|
|16,050||Lake||Lake Devernia||Clarksville City||TX||75604||32.52||-94.89||32.521307-94.889995||4.70||3 reviews|
|15,540||Lake||Pleasant Acres Lake||TX||75707||32.31||-95.19||32.314283-95.185574|
|16,442||Swimming lake||Lake Gladewater||Gladewater||TX||75647||H24Q+V3 Gladewater, Texas||https://cityofgladewater.com||(903) 845-5501||32.56||-94.96||32.557163-94.962273||W Lake Dr||4.20||263 reviews|
|16,380||Lake||Dogwood Hollow Lake||Tyler||TX||75707||32.30||-95.24||32.299040-95.243005|
|16,379||Lake||Storey Lake||Tyler||TX||75707||32.31||-95.25||32.305034-95.251305||5.00||1 review|
|16,384||Lake||Harvey Lake||Tyler||TX||75799||32.31||-95.25||32.314859-95.252937||4.80||4 reviews|
|15,999||Lake||Lake Palestine||TX||75758||32.19||-95.47||32.186965-95.472538||4.60||179 reviews|
|16,383||Lake||Greenbriar Lake||Tyler||TX||75709||32.32||-95.37||32.316884-95.368766||5.00||2 reviews|
|16,382||Lake||Bellwood Lake||Tyler||TX||75709||32.33||-95.36||32.326713-95.361898||4.00||23 reviews|
|15,536||Lake||Pinedale Lake||TX||75706||32.49||-95.23||32.486095-95.231235||5.00||1 review|
|16,381||Lake||Hidden Hill Lake||Tyler||TX||75709||32.33||-95.39||32.334500-95.386430||3.40||5 reviews|
|15,535||Lake||Bell Sand Lake||TX||75706||32.41||-95.32||32.412371-95.315152|
|15,997||Lake||Holly Tree Lake||TX||75706||32.51||-95.22||32.507351-95.220469|
|15,538||Lake||Tyler State Park Lake||TX||75706||32.48||-95.30||32.477726-95.296529||4.90||15 reviews|
|15,990||Lake||Lake Fork||TX||75410||32.83||-95.58||32.831064-95.582954||4.70||245 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
A day trip, or a more lengthy getaway provides a nearly limitless list of activities for families or couples.
Let’s look at some of the options available to you when you visit a Tyler lake:
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. If paddling is your thing, pack up your board of choice and find yourself a lake with a public launch and start paddling around to soak up the scenery in all it’s glory.
Water sports. If you’ve got access to a ski boat, why not get out on the water and start kicking up a wake demonstrating your athleticism and water sports skills? Enjoy a day of wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the all sports lakes offer you all kinds of options.
Catch some fish. For anglers, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re roaming the lake in a killer fishing boat or standing on a dock with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.
Lake Getaway Prep
A day at the lake can be drastically different depending on the specific lake you’ll be visiting, the weather forecast, and what you want to do while you’re there. For your convenience we’ve put together a list of our favorite go-to items that you can use as a checklist for your getaway.
For a day spent on the water you’ll probably want to bring along many of the items below to make sure you’re safe, comfortable, and having fun.
- Insect repellant
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
- Portable stereo
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
- Dry shirt
- A cooler with water
- UV protection
Specialty lake gear
Take into consideration what you’ll be doing for the day and your guests, the items below might also prove useful and worth packing prior to leaving.
- Wine key
- Goggles or masks
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Legal flotation devices
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
- Inflatable pool toys
- Worms or other bait
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Something to read
Lake Safety Tips
While a day to the lake should be ample amounts of fun, safety should remain top of mind at all times. When you decide to spend a day at the lake these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Keep your distance from wildlife
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Always swim with a buddy
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
Some More Tips
When you make a trip to the beautiful lakes around Tyler, there are a few things that can make your trip plan much more rewarding. Case in point, each lake has their own qualities which makes it important to consider what you need to make an enjoyable trip when planning yours.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally beaches might be very busy. If you want some more peace and quiet, research a variety of lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the biggest, most popular beach!
- Find a marina. If you’re near the water you’ll often find local marinas where you can rent a boat. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or tubing with the kids. Using a search engine will typically allow you to locate several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.
- Maximize unique assets in the area. If there’s time for a longer trip, find local state campgrounds and parks which give you the ability to camp right on the water for a reasonable price.