Lakes Around Pharr
It’s summertime and that means it’s time to plan your next grand getaway. If you’re looking for a fun destination, consider visiting a lake near Pharr. As it turns out, when you come to Pharr there are some options for spending time on the lake.
There are numerous brilliant arguments for a getaway to a lake in Pharr during the warmer months – the water is refreshing on hot days, enjoyable summer entertainment such as wakeboarding, fishing, or just relaxing on a raft. Some of the lakes in Pharr have beaches you can enjoy while building sandcastles with the family. Scan the table directly beneath this paragraph to have a look the options from small lakes to larger lakes for you and the family to visit.
Nearby Lakes for Pharr
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|15,807||Lake||Horseshoe Lake||TX||78552||26.15||-97.70||26.149520-97.701936||1.00||1 review|
|16,217||Lake||Lake Harlingen||Harlingen||TX||78550||26.20||-97.69||26.197865-97.691102||4.40||9 reviews|
|15,806||Lake||Reba Bass Lake||TX||78552||26.17||-97.79||26.166722-97.785820|
|16,032||Lake||Llano Grande Lake||TX||78570||26.12||-97.95||26.120430-97.954859||4.00||3 reviews|
|15,813||Lake||Campacuas Lake||TX||78570||26.19||-97.92||26.191646-97.920475||4.20||6 reviews|
|15,795||Lake||Donna Reservoir 2||TX||78516||26.15||-98.08||26.152020-98.083618||4.00||1 review|
|16,155||Lake||Lake Tropicana||Hidalgo||TX||78557||26.09||-98.25||26.091466-98.251957||5.00||1 review|
|16,156||Lake||Lake Texano||Hidalgo||TX||78557||26.10||-98.26||26.095617-98.255654||3.50||2 reviews|
|15,801||Lake||Delta Lake||TX||78538||26.42||-97.95||26.416849-97.945847||3.60||5 reviews|
|16,124||Lake||Lake Conception||McAllen||TX||78503||26.18||-98.27||26.180475-98.271727||3.00||1 review|
|15,792||Lake||Bentsen Lake||TX||78503||26.18||-98.27||26.180104-98.274976||5.00||2 reviews|
|16,267||Swimming lake||Martinez Lake||Edinburg||TX||78542||8VV4+46 Edinburg, Texas||https://lasienna.com||(956) 380-0006||26.34||-98.14||26.342844-98.144407||4292, I-69C||5.00||1 review|
|16,344||Lake||Sardinas Resaca||Mission||TX||78572||26.18||-98.31||26.184326-98.306620||4.00||1 review|
|15,802||Lake||Lake Edinburg||TX||78541||26.38||-98.17||26.381417-98.170050||4.30||9 reviews|
|15,804||Lake||Sal Del Rey||TX||78542||26.54||-98.05||26.536654-98.054702||4.70||103 reviews|
|16,057||Lake||Walker Lake||La Joya||TX||78560||26.23||-98.47||26.234900-98.472586||5.00||3 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A Day at the Lake: An Itinerary
On a day trip to a lake near Pharr you’ll find all kinds of things to do for people of all persuasions. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or decide to stay overnight at a hotel or a bed and breakfast on the water to make for a bigger, better getaway.
Every getaway at the lake gives you all the options from partying to restful bliss.
Water sports. If you’re able to get access to a ski boat, you might want to have some fun and make a day of zipping around the lake showing off your water sports expertise? Hit the water and go wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the local lakes provide you with several options.
Start paddling. If you like to paddle around, pack up your board of choice and chart your course to a lake that has a public launch and get out and soak up the scenery in all it’s glory.
Catch some fish. For those that love to fish, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re roaming the lake in a killer fishing boat or fishing from shore.
Checklist for a Day at the Lake
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements based on the lake you’re heading to, what time of year it is, and what you want to do for entertainment. However, we’ve created a list for some ideas for your lake getaway to ensure nothing gets forgotten!
When the plan is to be outdoors for the vast majority of the day, the following list of items is a good starting point for essentials to have on hand.
- A cooler with water
- USB charger
- Proper footwear
- A picnic basket
- Insect repellant
- Garbage bags
- A blanket or sheet
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- A sunhat or glasses
- Radio or speaker
Specialty lake stuff
The list of items below could be helpful for excursions to the lake considering your itinerary. You may want to double check some of these prior to hitting the road.
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Toys for the beach
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Something to read
- Tackle box and lures
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
- Wine key
Staying Safe on a Lake
Yes, being on the water can make for a memorable day, it’s important that you remember to keep safety top of mind. These safety tips should ensure that you and your family stays safe while around the lake.
- Keep your distance from wildlife
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
More Pharr Lake Tips
When you make a trip to the fabulous lakes around Pharr, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that can make your weekend gameplan far more successful. As an example, every lake is going to have unique environment so it is important to take into account what will make for an unforgettable adventure as you plan yours.
- Research your beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally the beaches near Pharr might be swarmed with tourists. To find some more space to spread out, do some digging on multiple lakes and beaches to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, then look for the busiest, most popular beach!
- Make the most of unique local resources. If there’s time for a longer trip, find local state campgrounds and parks which give you the option to camp near or even on the water at an affordable price.
- No boat, no problem. If you’re near the water you’ll often find nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Asking a local will typically allow you to find several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.