Lakes Near Garland
When the weather is right you should spend some time on the water. A stay at a lake can be amazing for those that enjoy getting outside too, as they are a great way to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
There are countless great reasons to visit a lake in Garland while it’s hot outside – the water is refreshing on hot days, fun summer activities such as paddle boarding, kayaking, or swimming. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are perfect for a relaxing day. Take a look at the table directly beneath this paragraph to have a look the nearby locations from small lakes to larger lakes for you and the family to enjoy.
Lakes Close to Garland
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|15,994||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Wright Patman Lake||TX||75572||33.27||-94.22||33.265908-94.223084||4.60||161 reviews|
|16,323||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Wright Patman Lake||Texarkana||TX||75501||9R55+8G Texarkana, Texas||https://recreation.gov||(903) 838-8781||33.36||-94.19||33.358319-94.191153||64 Clear Springs Park||5.00||4 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A day trip, or a longer getaway provides an almost limitless list of things to do for couples or families.
Every getaway at the lake offers you all the options from partying to restful bliss.
Have a picnic. Garland’s lakes gives you the chance to visit a wealth of excellent picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite tasty treats, or a quick snack while enjoying the scenery. If you’re with that special someone, a picnic on the beach is hard to beat.
Start paddling. If you like to paddle around, strap your favorite kayak or paddleboard to the top of your vehicle and find yourself a lake with a boat launch and start paddling around to soak up nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
Go for a swim. Finding a swimming lake near Garland will offer tons of laughs and games for the big kids and little ones, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a magnificent public beach!
Checklist for a Day at the Lake
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements depending on which lake you go to, when you go, and what your perfect itinerary looks like. For your benefit, we took the time to make a list for some ideas for your lake getaway so everything goes smoothly!
When you’re out on a lake near Garland it makes a lot of sense to take along some of the things in our list below so that you’ll be safe, comfortable, and relaxed.
- Proper footwear
- A fully stocked cooler
- Bug spray
- USB charger
- Plates, bowls, utensils, cups
- A blanket or sheet
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
Specialty lake gear
Depending on your planned activities when at the water and who will be in your entourage, the list of gear will likely be helpful and worth a quick spot check before you get on the road.
- Goggles or masks
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
- Tackle box and lures
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
- Wine key
- Life jackets
- Rafts for the kids
- Fishing and boating licenses
Lake Safety Tips
While it’s easy to get lost in a fun day at a lake near Garland, failing to follow some simple safety rules can make things turn tragic in a hurry. These safety tips should ensure that everyone remains safe on the water.
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Don’t swim alone
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Garland
When you make a trip to the one of a kind lakes around Garland, there are a few things that will make your weekend gameplan much more rewarding. For example, every individual lake is going to have their own qualities and surroundings so it’s important to consider what you need to make an unforgettable trip as you plan yours.
- Research your beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, sometimes the beaches near Garland might be swarmed with tourists. To find a little more privacy, research multiple lakes and beaches to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most popular sandy party scene!
- Make the most of unique local resources. When you have time for a longer getaway, find local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds that offer the option to camp directly on the water without breaking the bank.
- Find a marina. It’s common that lakes will have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a wild day of wakeboarding. Asking a local can usually allow you to locate a marina that has what you need.