Lakes Near Cypress
Every once in a while you should spend some time by the water. Fortunately, when you visit Cypress there are some options when it comes to getting on, or in the water.
There are countless brilliant motivations to visit a lake in Cypress while it’s hot outside – the water is refreshing on hot days, enjoyable summer activities like boating, fishing or swimming. Some of the lakes in Cypress have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Take a look at the table directly beneath this paragraph and have a look the options including swimming lakes to all sports lakes for you to visit.
Nearby Lakes for Cypress
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|16,442||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Swimming lake||Lake Gladewater||Gladewater||TX||75647||H24Q+V3 Gladewater, Texas||https://cityofgladewater.com||(903) 845-5501||32.56||-94.96||32.557163-94.962273||W Lake Dr||4.20||263 reviews|
|15,544||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Bergfield Lake||TX||75771||32.55||-95.25||32.553791-95.252611|
|15,992||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Lake Cypress Springs||TX||75457||33.06||-95.18||33.064305-95.182314||4.70||52 reviews|
|16,194||Lake||Deer Lake||Scroggins||TX||75480||https://deerlakecabins.com||33.08||-95.21||33.076886-95.208726||4.80||19 reviews|
|15,990||Lake||Lake Fork||TX||75410||32.83||-95.58||32.831064-95.582954||4.70||245 reviews|
|15,507||Lake||Cooper Lake State Park||TX||75482||33.32||-95.65||33.323600-95.645900||4.60||45 reviews|
|15,991||Lake||Jim Chapman Lake||TX||75432||33.32||-95.66||33.321073-95.656312||4.80||23 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
On a day trip to a lake near Cypress you’ll find all kinds of things to do for groups of all types. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or take a longer vacation to a hotel or a bed and breakfast on the water to make the most of your time unwinding.
Now we’ll run down a list of some of the best things to do when you make your way to a lake near Cypress:
Swimming. The swimming lakes near Cypress provide tons of fun and excitement for the kids, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on before you make the trip! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a magnificent public beach on a lake near Cypress!
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. If you like to paddle around, pack up your board of choice and chart your course to a lake near Cypress with a public launch and get out and soak up nature’s beauty on the waterfront.
Pack a picnic basket. Cypress’s lakes provide a wealth of great picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite foods, or something as simple as crackers and cheese and a cold beverage as you enjoy the view. If you’re with that special someone, this plan should put a smile on their face.
Preparing for a Day on the Lake
A day at the lake can be very different depending on which lake you go to, what the weather is going to be, and what your perfect itinerary looks like. However, we put together a list for some ideas for your next summer trip to ensure nothing gets forgotten!
For a day spent on the water you’ll probably want to bring along some of these items to make sure you’re safe, comfortable, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Flip flops or water shoes
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- Insect repellant
- Travel dinnerware and cups
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
- Beach blanket
- Food and snacks
- Bluetooth speaker
Additional lake items
The following items could be helpful for getaways to the lake considering your itinerary. You may want to double check some of these prior to hitting the road.
- Toys for the beach
- Fishing and boating licenses
- Diapers and baby gear
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
- Something to read
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Tackle box
- Goggles or masks
Lake Safety Checklist
While your getaway to a lake in Cypress can provide tons of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. A day on the lake means safety first so these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Always wear sunblock
- Always swim with a buddy
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
More Ideas for Lake Fun
If you’re going to visit the fabulous lakes around Cypress, there are a few things that might make your weekend gameplan far more rewarding. As an example, every individual lake is going to have unique environment so it is important to think about what will make for a memorable adventure when planning yours.
- No boat, no problem. If you’re near the water you’ll often find nearby marinas that offer boat rentals. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or a wild day of wakeboarding. Asking a local can typically allow you to find a marina that has what you need.
- Do homework on the beaches. Depending on the time of year, sometimes the beaches near Cypress may be swarmed with tourists. To find more space to yourself, do some digging on a variety of nearby beaches and lakes to see if you can find one that’s less crowded if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, then look for the biggest, most popular beach!
- Maximize unique assets in the area. If you have time for a lengthier stay, look for local state campgrounds and parks which give you the ability to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water for a reasonable price.