Lakes Near Enid
When the weather is right you should spend some time on the water. Lucky for you, when you visit Enid there are lots of great spots when it comes to getting on, or in the water.
There are countless great motivations for making a trip to a lake in Enid this summer – the cool water for swimming, fun summer entertainment such as paddle boarding, kayaking, or swimming. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches you can enjoy while building sandcastles with the family. Browse through the local listings directly beneath this paragraph and have a look the options including swimming lakes to larger lakes for you to visit.
Lakes Close to Enid
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A quick excursion to a lake, or a longer getaway provides a nearly endless list of things to do for families or couples.
Now we’ll run down a list of some of the best things to do when you make your way to a lake near Enid:
Go fishing. For those that love to fish, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re drifting behind a trolling motor or fishing from shore.
Pack a picnic basket. Enid’s lakes gives you the chance to visit many excellent picnic areas where you can enjoy portable delicacies, or a quick snack while enjoying the scenery. Should you be with someone you want to impress, a picnic on the beach is hard to beat.
Go for a swim. Finding a swimming lake near Enid will offer tons of laughs and games for the kids, or plenty of exercise for those looking to be active in between getting that perfect golden tan. If you want to spend time swimming and on the beach you’ll want to be sure your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area before you make the trip! Admit it, even the nicest swimming pool just isn’t as much fun as a magnificent public beach!
Lake Getaway Prep
Your plan for a lake getaway can vary quite a bit depending on the specific lake you’ll be visiting, when you decide to go, and your plan of attack. To make things easier we’ve assembled a rundown of some of the most common lake and beach-related necessities that you can use as a checklist before you hit the road.
If you’re going to be on, in, or near the water for the majority of the day, the list below should be a good place to start when it comes to the necessities to have on hand.
- Trash bags (one for trash, one for wet items)
- A cooler with water bottles
- Plates, bowls, utensils, cups
- Portable stereo
- Bug spray
- Beach blanket
- Dry shirt
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
More lake items
Depending on the itinerary for the day and your guests, the following items might also prove useful and worth a quick spot check before you get on the road.
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Life jackets
- Diapers (if a baby’s on board)
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Swimming goggles
- Toys for the beach
- Tackle box and lures
Lake Safety Checklist
While it’s easy to get lost in a fun day at a lake near Enid, it’s important that you remember to keep safety top of mind. These safety protocols will make sure that everyone remains safe on the water.
- Keep your distance from wildlife
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Always swim with a buddy
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Enid
When you make a trip to the beautiful lakes around Enid, there are a few things that will make your trip plan far more successful. Case in point, each individual lake is going to have their own environment so it’s important to take into account what you need to make an unforgettable trip as you plan yours.
- Rent a boat. Many lakes have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or tubing with the kids. Using a search engine will typically allow you to locate options for renting the perfect boat.
- Make the most of the best assets in the area. When you have time for a lengthier trip, look for local state parks and recreation areas which give you the option to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.
- Pay attention to the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally beaches may be very busy. If you want some space to yourself, research a variety of lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are if you want a more relaxing vibe. If you want to be where the party’s at, search out the biggest, most happening sandy party scene!