Lakes Near Hamilton
The weather is warm so it’s time to start planning your upcoming family vacation. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Hamilton. A lake getaway can be perfect for people who love wildlife too, as they are a great way to take in the local scenery and all that nature has to offer.
Whether you’re looking to go kayaking, buzz around doing wakeboarding, swim, or work on your tan, the lakes near Hamilton offer you plentiful opportunities for aquatic fun. The time is now! Pack up your vehicle with your beach goodies and snacks then make the trip on your next vacation to find your own favorite location on a lake!
Lakes Near Hamilton
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
On a day trip to a lake near Hamilton you’ll find all kinds of activities that can be enjoyed by families and couples. You could go for an exciting day trip or make it a long weekend at a hotel on the beach to enjoy yourself more fully.
Every getaway on or in the water gives you everything from fun to relaxation.
Picnic time. The lakes near Hamilton offer a wealth of great picnic areas where you can enjoy foods, or just a couple of sandwiches to enjoy by the water. If you’re with that special someone, good food and a view should put a smile on their face.
Swimming. The swimming lakes near Hamilton offer tons of fun for the big kids and little ones, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between working on their tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area prior to packing the car and the family! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a beautiful public beach!
Grab a board. If you like to paddle around, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake near Hamilton with a boat launch and start paddling around to enjoy the scenery on the waterfront.
Preparing for a Day on the Lake
Your plan for a lake getaway can vary quite a bit when you take into consideration the specific lake you’ll be visiting, the weather forecast, and your plan of attack. To make things easier we’ve built out a short list of our favorite lake and beach-related items that you can use as a checklist for your getaway.
When you’re out on a lake near Hamilton you will likely need to take several of the items below so that you’ll be safe, comfortable, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Something to eat
- Trash bags (one for trash, one for wet items)
- Travel dinnerware and cups
- Proper footwear
- Portable phone charger
- Towels and dry clothes
- Bug spray
- A beach blanket and umbrella
More lake gear
Take into consideration what you’ll be doing for the day and who will be in your entourage, the items below could make your day more enjoyable and worth packing before you get on the road.
- Fishing gear
- Rafts for the kids
- Wine key
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Diapers and baby gear
- Worms or other bait
- Safety gear like life jackets
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Tackle box and lures
Lake Safety Tips
Yes, being on the water can make for a memorable day, failing to follow some simple safety rules can make things turn tragic in a hurry. The following safety measures should make sure that your whole group are always safe while around the lake.
- Avoid plants that can sting or cause allergic reactions
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Don’t swim alone
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
Some More Tips
When you make a trip to the beautiful lakes near Hamilton, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that might make your itinerary much more successful. As an example, each individual lake near Hamilton has their own qualities and surroundings which makes it important to think about what you need to make a memorable trip when planning yours.
- Find a marina. If you’re near the water you’ll often find nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or tubing with the kids. Asking a local will typically help you find a marina that has what you need.
- Maximize unique assets in the area. If you have time for a longer trip, look for local state parks and recreation areas that offer the option to camp in a spot that is right on top of the water at an affordable price.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally the beaches near Hamilton can get extremely crowded. To find a little more privacy, do some digging on a variety of lakes in the area to see if you can find one that’s less crowded if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, then look for the biggest, most popular beach!