Lakes Around Joplin
Sometimes you should pack up and find a spot on the water. Lucky for you, when you visit Joplin there are some options for spending time on the lake.
There are numerous brilliant motivations for making a trip to a lake in Joplin during the warmer months – the water is refreshing on hot days, fun summer entertainment like paddle boarding, kayaking, or swimming. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Scan the local listings below and have a look your nearby locations from small lakes to all sports lakes for you and the family to enjoy.
Lakes Close to Joplin
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
On a day trip to a lake near Joplin you’ll find all kinds of things to do for families, couples, or with a group of friends. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or decide to stay overnight at a hotel on the beach to make the most of your time unwinding.
Every getaway on or in the water offers you all the options from partying to restful bliss.
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. If you like to paddle around, pack up your board of choice and find yourself a lake that has a boat launch and get out and soak up the scenery in all it’s glory.
Get in the water. Finding a swimming lake near Joplin will offer tons of laughs and games for the kids, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on prior to packing the car and the family! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a glorious public beach!
Partake in some delicious delights outside. Joplin’s lakes provide all sorts of top-notch picnic areas where you can enjoy tasty treats, or you could just do some cheese and crackers while enjoying the scenery. Should you be with someone you want to impress, this plan is hard to beat.
Lake Getaway Prep
Every day at the lake will have its own requirements based on which lake you go to, what the weather is going to be, or if there are any activities planned. While every trip is its own animal, we took the time to make a list that will give some ideas for your next summer trip to ensure nothing gets forgotten!
When you’re out on a lake near Joplin you will likely need to bring along many of these items to make sure you’re safe, comfortable, and enjoying your time.
- A receptacle for trash
- Dry shirt
- Cooler, ice, beverages (always remember water!)
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
- UV protection
- Radio or speaker
- Bug spray
Specialty lake gear
The gear in the list below could be helpful for excursions to the lake depending on what your plans are. You may want to double check for some of these so you’re not missing something critical.
- Swimming goggles
- Toys for the beach
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Rafts for the kids
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Something to read
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Your tackle box
- Life jackets
Lake Safety Checklist
While spending a weekend on a lake in Joplin can be tons of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. If you’re going to be out on the water these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Always wear sunblock
- Avoid drinking alcohol while boating
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Have an emergency plan if you run into trouble on your watercraft
- Make sure no one swims alone
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Joplin
If you’re going to visit the one of a kind lakes near Joplin, you’ll want to remember a couple critical items that can make your weekend gameplan much more rewarding. Case in point, each lake is going to have their own features so it is important to think about what you need to make a memorable getaway when planning yours.
- Rent a boat. Many lakes have local marinas where you can rent a boat. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or tubing with the kids. Doing a quick Google search can typically help you find a marina that has what you need.
- Maximize unique assets in the area. When you have time for a longer getaway, find local state parks and recreation areas which give you the ability to camp right on the water without breaking the bank.
- Do homework on the beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes the beaches near Joplin could be very busy. To find a little more privacy, research multiple nearby beaches and lakes to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most happening sandy party scene!