Lakes Around Meridian
The weather is warm and that means it’s time to plan your next summer adventure. If you’re looking for a fun destination, consider visiting a lake near Meridian. Fortunately, when you come to Meridian you have lots of options for getting on, or in the water.
There are numerous great motivations for a getaway to a lake in Meridian while it’s hot outside – the water is refreshing on hot days, fun summer activities like boating, fishing or swimming. Some of the lakes in Meridian have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Browse through the data directly beneath this paragraph and see the options including small lakes with beaches to larger lakes for you and the family to enjoy.
Lakes Near Meridian
Help Us Out!:
Google Map Link:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
When you visit a lake near Meridian there are many things to do for people of all persuasions. Whether you’re just looking for a day trip or make it a long weekend to a hotel or AirBnB to enjoy yourself more fully.
Every getaway at the lake offers you all the options from partying to restful bliss.
Partake in some water sports. Should you be able to get access to a ski boat, why not get out on the water and start zipping around the lake showing off your water sports expertise? Enjoy a day of wakeboarding or knee boarding as the all sports lakes offer you all kinds of choices.
Canoeing, kayaking, or paddle boarding. For those in search of some exercise, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake with a boat launch and start paddling around to enjoy nature’s beauty in all it’s glory.
Pack a picnic basket. The lakes near Meridian provide a wealth of great picnic areas for you to pack up some culinary delights, or you could just do some cheese and crackers while enjoying the scenery. Should you be with someone you want to impress, this plan is hard to beat.
Preparing for a Day on the Lake
A lake day itinerary can vary quite a bit depending on which lake you’re going to, the season, and your plan of attack. For your convenience we’ve assembled a rundown of popular lake items that you can use as a checklist for your getaway.
If the plan is to be in the sun for the vast majority of the day, the following list of items should be an excellent starting point when it comes to the necessities you are likely to need.
- Travel dinnerware and cups
- USB charger
- Insect repellant
- Something to eat
- Cooler, ice, beverages (always remember water!)
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- Portable stereo
Additional lake items
The list of items below might prove useful for excursions to the lake depending on what you’ll be doing. You may want to double check for some of these so you’re not missing something critical.
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Goggles or masks
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, football, frisbee, etc.)
- Tackle box
- Wine key
- Legal flotation devices
- Fishing poles, nets, etc.
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Worms or other bait
Lake Safety Tips
While it’s easy to get lost in a fun day at a lake near Meridian, safety should be top of mind. These safety tips will make sure that your whole group stays safe while around the lake.
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Don’t swim alone
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Meridian
Some people may not get a chance to make their way to the lakes near Meridian and likely have a lot of questions about how to make the most of their time there. Obviously, no matter where you go each lake will possess unique qualities and surroundings, but it’s worth noting a couple key points to look into when assembling your itinerary that might help you end up with a winning itinerary.
- Rent a boat. If you’re near the water you’ll often find local marinas that offer boat rentals. Boats are expensive to own, but a rental will still allow you to enjoy a day fishing on the lake or a wild day of wakeboarding. Using a search engine can typically help you find options for renting the perfect boat.
- Make the most of the best local resources. When there’s time for a lengthier stay, find local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds that offer the ability to camp directly on the water at an affordable price.
- Research your beaches. Early, mid, or late season, occasionally the beaches near Meridian might be swarmed with beachgoers. To find more space to spread out, do some digging on multiple lakes in the area to see if you can find one that’s less crowded to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the biggest, most happening sandy party scene!