Lakes Close to Georgetown
Every once in a while you should gather your family and friends and make time to be by the water. Fortunately, when you make a trip to Georgetown there are lots of great spots when it comes to getting on, or in the water.
There are countless brilliant motivations for making a trip to a lake in Georgetown while it’s hot outside – the water is refreshing on hot days, relaxing summer entertainment such as paddle boarding, kayaking, or swimming. You’ll find that some lakes have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. The time is now! Load up your vehicle with sunscreen and snacks then make the trip this weekend to find a brand new favorite spot on a lake!
Lakes Close to Georgetown
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|15,376||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Bays Mountain Reservoir||Kingsport||TN||37660||36.51||-82.61||36.508464-82.611242||5.00||1 review|
|15,375||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Kingsport Reservoir||Kingsport||TN||37660||36.51||-82.61||36.507946-82.614238||4.90||20 reviews|
|15,282||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Silver Lake||Church Hill||TN||37642||36.53||-82.69||36.525137-82.688675|
|15,147||Lake||Greenland Park Lake||TN||37642||36.50||-82.78||36.497589-82.777016|
|15,169||Lake||Burem Lake||TN||37857||36.41||-82.91||36.410372-82.912840||1.00||1 review|
|16,851||Lake||Lake Keokee||VA||24243||36.85||-82.86||36.848173-82.864735||4.80||12 reviews|
|17,053||Lake||Charles Cox Pond||Dryden||VA||24243||36.77||-82.96||36.771855-82.961603|
|6,280||Lake||Cranks Creek Lake||KY||40815||36.74||-83.23||36.743100-83.229500||4.60||5 reviews|
|6,391||Swimming lake||Martins Fork Lake Recreational Area||Cawood||KY||40815||PPPR+G7 Cawood, Kentucky||https://lrn.usace.army.mil||(606) 573-7655||36.74||-83.26||36.736303-83.259273||4.60||43 reviews|
|6,281||Lake||Martins Fork Lake||KY||40815||36.74||-83.27||36.740906-83.265319||4.60||66 reviews|
|6,302||Lake||Carr Creek Lake||KY||41759||37.24||-83.00||37.235000-83.003000||4.30||8 reviews|
|6,412||Lake||Buckhorn Lake||Buckhorn||KY||41721||37.30||-83.45||37.303649-83.447681||4.40||31 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A day trip, or a more lengthy trip provides a nearly boundless amount of stuff for families or couples.
Here are some of our top picks for activities when you make your way to a lake near Georgetown:
Start paddling. If you like to paddle around, load up your preferred vessel and find yourself a lake that has a public launch and get out and enjoy the scenery in all it’s glory.
Get in the water. The swimming lakes near Georgetown provide all kinds of laughs and games for the youngsters, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between getting that perfect golden tan. Make sure to do your research and verify that your lake has a sandy beach and a designated swimming area before you make the trip! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t hold a candle to a beautiful public beach!
Go fishing. For anglers, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re out on a boat or fishing from shore.
Preparing for a Day on the Lake
Everyone’s beach getaway will be unique based on the lake you’re heading to, what the weather is going to be, or if there are any activities planned. While every trip is its own animal, we took the time to make a list that will give some ideas for your watery excursion so everything goes smoothly!
If the plan is to be in the sun for the majority of the day, the list below should be an excellent starting point for essentials to have on hand.
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Bathing suits
- Food and snacks
- Proper footwear
- Insect repellant
- A beach blanket and umbrella
- Plates, cups and utensils
- Plastic grocery bags (for trash and/or wet clothes)
- Reserve clothing
- Radio or speaker
More lake items
The following items can make your life easier for excursions to the lake considering your itinerary. It’s also worth checking prior to hitting the road.
- Games for the beach
- Something to clean up with like sanitizers or wet wipes
- Inflatable pool toys
- Life jackets
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Your tackle box
- Masks and snorkels
- Fishing poles
Lake Safety Tips
Of course your getaway on the lake should be ample amounts of fun, everyone’s safety needs to remain top of mind. If you’re going to be out on the water these are some extremely important tips for keeping everyone safe.
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Always swim with a buddy
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Make sure children have swimmies or other approved flotation devices
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Georgetown
When you make a trip to the beautiful lakes near Georgetown, there are a few things that might make your weekend gameplan far more rewarding. Case in point, each lake is going to have their own qualities and surroundings so it is important to take into account what will make for a memorable trip as you plan yours.
- Maximize the best local resources. When there’s time for a longer stay, look for local state parks and recreation areas which give you the option to stay directly on the water without breaking the bank.
- Rent a boat. Many lakes have nearby marinas that offer boat rentals of all sizes. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or a wild day of wakeboarding. Using a search engine can typically allow you to locate several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.
- Do homework on the beaches. If you pick the wrong time of year, occasionally the beaches near Georgetown may be packed with tourists. If you want some more peace and quiet, research a variety of lakes in the area to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. If you want to be where the party’s at, search out the busiest, most happening beach!