Lakes Near Statesboro
The weather is warm and that means it’s time to plan your next family vacation. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Statesboro. A stay at a lake can be perfect for people that enjoy getting outside too, as they are a great way to see birds, fish, turtles and other animals in their natural habitat.
There are numerous brilliant reasons for a getaway to a lake in Statesboro this summer – the water is refreshing on hot days, enjoyable summer activities like boating, fishing or swimming. Some of the lakes in Statesboro have beaches that are ideal for working on your tan. Scan the local listings directly beneath this paragraph to see the options from small lakes with beaches to larger lakes for you and the family to enjoy.
Lakes Close to Statesboro
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
A day trip to the lake, or a more lengthy trip offers a nearly boundless list of things to do for people of all stripes.
Every getaway on or in the water offers you a full range of activities from thrilling to chilling.
Fishing. For those that love to fish, finding a good fishing hole shouldn’t be too hard to help you have a relaxing day with a line in the water whether you’re out on a boat or fishing from shore.
Swimming. The swimming lakes near Statesboro provide all kinds of laughs and games for the youngsters, or all the physical activity that an exercise junky could want in between getting that perfect golden tan. If you want to spend time swimming and on the beach you’ll want to be sure your lake has a nice swimming area and a sandy beach to spread out on prior to packing the car and the family! You know as well as we do that a swimming pool doesn’t offer as much to do as a glorious public beach on a lake near Statesboro!
Start paddling. For those in search of some exercise, load up your preferred vessel and chart your course to a lake with a public launch and get out and enjoy nature’s beauty on the waterfront.
Lake Getaway Prep
A day at the lake can be very different based on which lake you go to, when you go, what your goals are for the getaway. However, we put together a list for some ideas for your lake getaway so you have everything you need!
For a day spent on the water you’ll probably want to bring many of the items below to make sure you’re safe, healthy, and getting the most out of your getaway.
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- Cords and a charger for portable devices
- A cooler and drinks
- Garbage bags
- Bluetooth speaker
- A blanket or sheet
- UV protection
More lake stuff
Consider your planned activities when at the water and who will be in your entourage, the following items will likely be helpful and adding to your checklist before you get on the road.
- Diapers and baby gear
- Masks and snorkels
- Your favorite magazine or book
- Fishing gear
- Tackle box
- Inflatable pool toys
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Toys for the beach
- Hand sanitizers or moist towelettes
While the water can provide fun during a day on the lake, it’s important that you remember to keep safety top of mind. Following a few standard safety tips that should make sure that you and your family remains safe on the water.
- Make sure you have a life jacket for every person on the boat
- Regularly apply sunblock throughout the day – following the product’s instructions
- Don’t swim alone
- Avoid swimming near rocks or shallow water areas that may not be deep enough to dive underneath and escape from waves
- Don’t mix alcohol with swimming
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are in relation to land
- Keep your distance from wildlife
Some More Tips
If you’re going to visit the fabulous lakes near Statesboro, there are a few things that can make your trip plan substantially more successful. Case in point, every individual lake is going to have unique features so it’s important to think about what will make for an enjoyable getaway when planning yours.
- Maximize the best local resources. If there’s time for a longer getaway, look for local state parks and recreation areas which give you the ability to stay in a spot that is right on top of the water without breaking the bank.
- Research your beaches. Depending on the time of year, sometimes the beaches near Statesboro might be swarmed with tourists. To find more space to yourself, do some digging on a variety of nearby beaches and lakes to learn about how busy they are to find one with a slower pace. To get in on the party, search out the busiest, most happening beach!
- Rent a boat. Many lakes have nearby marinas where you can rent a boat. You don’t need to own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Using a search engine will usually allow you to locate several places that can hook you up with the right vessel.