Lakes Around Apple Valley
It’s summertime so it’s time to plan your next summer adventure. There aren’t many better options than a lake near Apple Valley. As it turns out, when you come to Apple Valley you have some great spots for getting on, or in the water.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to float in a tube with a book, get active with water skiing, swim, or nap in the sand, the lakes near Apple Valley offer you lots of beautiful locations for aquatic adventures. Has there ever been a better time? Pack up your vehicle with your fishing gear and a picnic basket then hit the road on your next vacation and discover your own favorite spot on a lake!
Lakes Close to Apple Valley
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Lake Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||Plus Code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Lakes in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||external_url||Details|
|4,429||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Randy Poynter Reservoir||GA||30052||33.74||-83.94||33.741439-83.938699||3.70||7 reviews|
|4,094||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Chandler Lake||GA||30045||33.91||-83.92||33.906140-83.915862||5.00||2 reviews|
|4,469||We really try to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. If you can help us update any of the info on this page please get in touch via this button below!||Lake||Dove Lake||Grayson||GA||30017||33.89||-83.95||33.885763-83.953588||5.00||1 review|
|4,078||Lake||Arnold Lake||GA||30017||33.91||-83.96||33.910904-83.956234||5.00||2 reviews|
|4,095||Lake||Webb Lake||GA||30045||33.91||-83.99||33.910695-83.994596||5.00||1 review|
|4,096||Lake||Powell Lake||GA||30045||33.96||-83.96||33.959134-83.959046||4.50||2 reviews|
|4,708||Lake||Lawrenceville City Lake||Lawrenceville||GA||30046||33.96||-83.98||33.961377-83.980048||4.30||4 reviews|
|4,088||Lake||Hogan Lake||GA||30043||34.00||-83.97||34.002410-83.967481||5.00||2 reviews|
|4,707||Fishing pond||Twin Bridges Lake||Lawrenceville||GA||30043||223J+PP Lawrenceville, Georgia||https://twinbridgeslake.fish||(770) 963-6739||34.00||-83.97||34.004330-83.968275||1119 Braselton Hwy||3.80||252 reviews||6AM–12AM||6AM–12AM||6AM–12AM||6AM–12AM||6AM–12AM||Open 24 hours||Open 24 hours|
|4,323||Lake||Nancy Town Lake||GA||30563||34.50||-83.48||34.499991-83.483358||4.40||22 reviews|
|4,086||Lake||Crowe Lake||GA||30043||34.03||-83.95||34.031499-83.952265||5.00||2 reviews|
|4,090||Lake||Channings Lake||GA||30043||33.99||-84.01||33.988320-84.005836||4.00||1 review|
|4,649||Lake||Suwanee Creek Lake||Buford||GA||30518||34.11||-83.99||34.114415-83.988645|
|4,434||Lake||Lake Lanier||Extensive water-supply reservoir with swimming beaches, islands, a water park & boat ramps.||GA||30506||34.22||-83.97||34.221869-83.969135||4.30||815 reviews|
|4,320||Lake||Lake Zwerner||GA||30533||34.55||-83.97||34.546720-83.970458||4.80||55 reviews|
|Lake Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Other Lakes in the Area:
Things to Do at the Lake
A day trip to the lake, or a more lengthy getaway provides an almost boundless list of things to do for families or couples.
Every getaway on or in the water offers you everything from fun to relaxation.
Have a picnic. Apple Valley’s lakes offer a wealth of excellent picnic areas partake in the enjoyment of your favorite portable delicacies, or just a couple of sandwiches to enjoy by the water. For a romantic evening, good food and a view should be suitably romantic.
Catch some fish. For anglers, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good fishing spot to help you reel in a day of fun whether you’re roaming the lake in a killer fishing boat or tossing a line in from the dock.
Partake in some water sports. Should you be able to get access to a speed boat, you might want to have some fun and make a day of zipping around the lake demonstrating your athleticism and water sports skills? Take the family out for some wakeboarding, skiing, or tubing as the lakes near Apple Valley give you all kinds of choices.
Lake Getaway Prep
A day at the lake can be very different depending on the lake you’re heading to, what time of year it is, and what you want to do for entertainment. While every trip is its own animal, we’ve created a list for some ideas for your watery excursion so there’s nothing to stress over!
When the plan is to be outdoors for the vast majority of the day, our list of provisions below is an excellent starting point when it comes to the necessities to have on hand.
- Portable phone charger
- Food and snacks
- Bathing suits
- UV protection
- A blanket or sheet
- Bug spray
- Eye protection, a hat, or both
- Bottle opener
- Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- Garbage bags
More lake stuff
Take into consideration what you’ll be doing when at the water and who will be in your entourage, the items below might also prove useful and worth a quick spot check prior to leaving.
- Licenses and registration for boating and fishing
- Toys for the beach
- Baby gear (if necessary)
- Your favorite magazine or book
- Tackle box
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats
- Life jackets
- Paper towels and sanitizer
- Masks and snorkels
Staying Safe on a Lake
Of course your getaway on the lake should be tons of fun, you always have to keep safety in mind. When you decide to spend a day at the lake here are some general safety tips to keep in mind.
- Always swim with a buddy
- Avoid alcohol consumption before swimming, as it can impair judgment and result in drowning
- Keep children within arm’s reach at all times while swimming in deep water
- Have an escape plan for what to do if you get stuck on a boat that capsizes or tips over
- Use sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy outside
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Stay close to shore and avoid areas with shallow water or where the current is strong
More Tips for a Lake Getaway in Apple Valley
If you’re going to visit the beautiful lakes near Apple Valley, there are a few things that will make your weekend gameplan much more successful. For example, each individual lake near Apple Valley is going to have their own qualities which makes it important to consider what will make for a memorable trip when planning yours.
- No boat, no problem. It’s common that lakes will have local marinas that offer boat rentals. Just because you don’t own a boat to enjoy fishing with family and friends or taking the kids out for some wakeboarding or tubing. Doing a quick Google search can usually allow you to locate options for renting the perfect boat.
- Research your beaches. Early, mid, or late season, sometimes beaches may be packed with beachgoers. To find some space to yourself, research a variety of nearby beaches and lakes to learn about how busy they are if you want a more relaxing vibe. To get in on the party, then look for the biggest, most popular sandy party scene!
- Maximize unique local resources. If you have time for a longer trip, look for local recreational areas, state parks, and campgrounds that offer the ability to camp in a spot that is right on top of the water at an affordable price.